Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Of course he did, it was f**king Birmingham. 

My nan with her two metal hips and glass eye would look better than most of that lot on the ball. 

Tell Ilene I said aye aye. 

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

People are wasting their time trying to convinces themselves he's not very good, unless something goes seriously wrong for him I've I've little doubt he will go to the top as a player, this isn't just some highly rated academy player that comes along every season or so, he's the best academy player we've had since Grealish, probably the best academy player in this country right now, and one of the best in Europe, he's more than likely going to have a very good career.

As for how much we're going to get for him if he leaves this summer, we probably wouldn't get his true value for the simple reason that if we risk losing him for a couple of hundred thousand in January or whatever it is, then of course we would be forced into accepting a lower fee, I don't think we would get £20m for example, but if he had say four years left on his contract that there's no way I would sell him for that much, he's going to be worth much more.

If he goes he goes, it will be very disappointing, but also not the end of the world, as we're very lucky that at the moment we have so much talent coming through and also that we can buy very good players as well.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Did TalkSport get that £20m figure from Gabby?! What a load of twaddle 

Looks like it 

Googled it to see who was saying what number and carney transfer pops up with arsenal, utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, bayern, dortmund and Barcelona 

He's Madrid, psg and man City away from a full house 

Just now, useless said:

People are wasting their time trying to convinces themselves he's not very good, unless something goes seriously wrong for him I've I've little doubt he will go to the top as a player, this isn't just some highly rated academy player that comes along every season or so, he's the best academy player we've had since Grealish, probably the best academy player in this country right now, and one of the best in Europe, he's more than likely going to have a very good career.

As for how much we're going to get for him if he leaves this summer, we probably wouldn't get his true value for the simple reason that if we risk losing him for a couple of hundred thousand in January or whatever it is, then of course we would be forced into accepting a lower fee, I don't think we would get £20m for example, but if he had say four years left on his contract that there's no way I would sell him for that much, he's going to be worth much more.

If he goes he goes, it will be very disappointing, but also not the end of the world, as we're very lucky that at the moment we have so much talent coming through and also that we can buy very good players as well.

Completely agree

If we do end up losing him it could be for a record breaking fee and it almost certainly will be to a club that's better than us 

But yeah he's shit and did nothing in 12 PL games for us 

More so than Grealish he will be one that got away IMO we'll regret it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

That's exactly what he is.  He is miles off the level of Bellingham, Pedri, Gavi etc.  

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree

If we do end up losing him it could be for a record breaking fee and it almost certainly will be to a club that's better than us 

But yeah he's shit and did nothing in 12 PL games for us 

More so than Grealish he will be one that got away IMO we'll regret it 

You might have seen more of him than me mate but I just can’t see what others can see. I reckon he’ll go on to have a decent career at good level but go right to the top? Not for me. 

Be nice if we could be having this conversation again in a few years whilst he is at Villa though. 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's exactly what he is.  He is miles of the level of Bellingham, Pedri, Gavi etc.  

Exactly! If you are that good you are already playing for your country at senior level. He hasn’t even had a u21 call up yet. He can still be a great player and probably will be. Nobody is saying he is shit!  But he has a long way to go yet. 

• Like 1

That's just three players, in the tens of thousands of players that play football, also they aren't academy players they're first team players so not sure why he's being compared to them, an academy player doesn't have to be comparable to someone like Pedri to be extremely highly rated in his own right. Also trust me when he gets a run of games he won't be 'miles off' the level of Bellingham.

He's our stand out academy player amongst a very talented group, he was pretty much always the standout for our U23s in every game even as a sixteen year old, he's been the standout player most times I've seen him player for England, he's made an impact in the little Premier League game times he's had before he's even reached the age of nineteen, it's not for nothing that he's being linked to the likes of Dortmund, Barcelona, and some the top clubs in this country, all that doesn't happen if you're 'just some highly rated academy player that comes along every season or so', if only it was that easy to produce such prospects.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, useless said:

People are wasting their time trying to convinces themselves he's not very good, 

At what level?

Because he certainly hasn't been " very good " at senior first team level in his limited showings.

He's outstanding at under 23 / under 19 level.

Anything beyond that is based on opinion of potential, not proven performance pedigree or fact.

I never saw anything which made me say " Wow, this is the best prospect ive seen since Grealish, we NEED him in the team " etc as some say.

If I'm honest, if anything he was more of a hindrance than a help, due to what is described as his " playing style ".

It was also obvious that he was really getting starts more due to the contract situation, not because he could/would do a better job than other options IMO of course.

We basically risked results to try and convince him to sign a contract, that's a big sacrifice.

I'd have been much happier to start Sanson, Buendia, or even Iroegbunam over him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, useless said:

That's just three players, in the tens of thousands of players that play football, also they aren't academy players they're first team players so not sure why he's being compared to them, an academy player doesn't have to be comparable to someone like Pedri to be extremely highly rated in his own right. Also trust me when he gets a run of games he won't be 'miles off' the level of Bellingham.

He's our stand out academy player amongst a very talented group, he was pretty much always the standout for our U23s in every game even as a sixteen year old, he's been the standout player most times I've seen him player for England, he's made an impact in the little Premier League game times he's had before he's even reached the age of nineteen, it's not for nothing that he's being linked to the likes of Dortmund, Barcelona, and some the top clubs in this country, all that doesn't if you're 'just some highly rated academy player that comes along every season or so', if only it was that easy to produce such prospects.

I'm comparing them because they are similar age and are already established internationals playing in the Champions League week in week out, whereas Chuk is still playing U19 for England and can't get into the Villa team.

It happens all the time when a youth player who is bigger, stronger and faster than all the kids he plays against, but then can't step up to the same level when playing senior football.  I've seen nothing when he's played in the first team that would indicate he will go right to the top.  He could go on to be a very good player, but he could also go the way of Rodwell, Barkley or Wilshere, they were as highly rated as Chuk is and amounted to nothing.

58 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Twitter rambles are saying Villa want £20m for Carney 

is that good? I have no idea with this market and for someone so young with so little experience 

What we want and what (if anything) we get, are likely to be very different. If we get £20m I expect that we will do the decent thing and retire his shirt;)

you can't always get what you want gifs | WiffleGif

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Exactly! If you are that good you are already playing for your country at senior level. He hasn’t even had a u21 call up yet. He can still be a great player and probably will be. Nobody is saying he is shit!  But he has a long way to go yet. 

But that's picking 3 18 year olds who do play for their nations first team, there are plenty more who dont

And I'm not sure if anyone is suggesting he will get to that level, that's special elite level, walk in to any top 4 team, he doesn't have to be that good to still make it bad for us to lose him, at the moment it's not outlandish to suggest he will get to Ramseys level

He is the best player at England U19 level, arguably based on the u19 euros he was the best player at that tournament 

I don't know an 18 year old or 19 year old doing better than him in the PL, I guess you'd be looking at Harvey Elliot 

• Like 3

Just now, John said:

What we want and what (if anything) we get, are likely to be very different. If we get £20m I expect that we will do the decent thing and retire his shirt;)

you can't always get what you want gifs | WiffleGif

For that idea….

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ia53my4qw22s4a1pja

mate

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I agree that he's a very good prospect but I'm concerned about his lack of work rate and aggression. These are attitude driven traits and if they don't come naturally then it could be a draw back. I watched Luke Moore a lot of times play for the reserves at Bescot and his talent was clear, but so was his lack of work for his team mates. Nathan Delfouneso was another that I saw many times, and he didn't work hard enough without the ball either. I think CC has a better work rate than the two I've just mentioned but he's still been average in that department each time I've watched him.

What is your opinion of my two concerns useless.? You've obviously watched him a lot.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We basically risked results to try and convince him to sign a contract, that's a big sacrifice.

Our season was over in January, we could and should have played him and Tim more, how many 80th minute+ sub appearances did Ashley Young get? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Yep. And probably not playing for any of our underage teams. Why would we do that.

Why not? If he does not want to stay and will go on a free at the end of the season why would we give him a place that could be used to develop a youngster of benefit to us.

If he wants to play, get one of these teams that are supposedly clamouring to get him to make a bid, or commit to Villa by signing the contract (at least then we would get some money for him if he did then leave, so some return on any investment in training time and development between now and then)

Â