Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I think he’s going to leave and it would be a blow considering the club has fawned over him for a couple of years and they’ve clearly earmarked him to be our next big thing. The fact he didn’t go out on loan shows they want to fasttrack him to the first team. 

I’m with the club and Gerrard though. If he can’t see a pathway to the first team at 18 then the kid and his agent are delusional. He’s literally in the first team squad most weeks and it’s clear that he’ll get his chance in due course. Just look at Ramsey!

Who knows what will happen but the signs aren’t exactly promising are they.

• Like 4

i think he just wants more time

he signs the contract now then he signs a 5 year deal as someone with bags of potential but only a rotational squad player who makes a sub appearance every 3rd game, give it a year and he's a rotational player who's starting every 3rd game and his starting point in negotiations is far higher, probably to the tune of £10k+ per week higher

i dont believe that we would put him on the bench or in match day squads and then have a problem bringing him on or mess him about because of his contract, if we had a problem we'd drop him entirely 

i naturally think that his agent is a bell end though, they all are

we are a good club for opportunities right now

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not signing a deal so clearing wont play.

Im woth Gerrard on this. Carney hasnt dine anything to warrant being a regular starter. Look at JJ knuckled down and has beena  starter since. That could be Carney if he commits

Yeah, I suppose it's that he has to be showing it on the training ground before he gets the minutes on the pitch. I do think he'll get more game time after the transfer window shuts as I'd expect JPB, Trez and AEG to be playing elsewhere on Loan/Perm deals which opens up game time for Carney

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he signs the contract now then he signs a 5 year deal as someone with bags of potential but only a rotational squad player who makes a sub appearance every 3rd game, give it a year and he's a rotational player who's starting every 3rd game and his starting point in negotiations is far higher, probably to the tune of £10k+ per week higher

i dont believe that we would put him on the bench or in match day squads and then have a problem bringing him on or mess him about because of his contract, if we had a problem we'd drop him entirely 

i naturally think that his agent is a bell end though, they all are

we are a good club for opportunities right now

At the moment we have no choice but to put him on the bench. No Nakamba or Young means that Iroegbubam is also on the bench already If we drop Carney then who goes on the bench ? 

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

At the moment we have no choice but to put him on the bench. No Nakamba or Young means that Iroegbubam is also on the bench already If we drop Carney then who goes on the bench ? 

Based on who came back yesterday and played for the U23s we had a fair few, could have stuck Barry on there 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Gerrard just said we aren't bringing him on because he isn't signing his contract?

If he's not signing now and his agent is in the media saying he's not going to sign at all, you cant be in this position next year still playing the lad hoping he'll sign a contract

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Gerrard just said we aren't bringing him on because he isn't signing his contract?

If he's not signing now and his agent is in the media saying he's not going to sign at all, you cant be in this position next year still playing the lad hoping he'll sign a contract

"I'm still waiting to find out what Carney's going to do in terms of his future - so there's a lot going on in that No.10 area that we're discussing and analysing at the moment."

that not what he said at all

this is the bullshit thing with his agent, his agent has said something daft, we've reacted and now its snowballing when in reality none of us know whats going on including a lot of of stuff that isnt true, i simply dont believe for example that he can be that naive that he wants to leave us and join a top 6 side in order to play more football, that makes zero sense

the jump from he wont sign a contract because he wants to play media story to us now not playing him because he wont sign a new contract is a big one laced with a lot of negative presumptions 

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"I'm still waiting to find out what Carney's going to do in terms of his future - so there's a lot going on in that No.10 area that we're discussing and analysing at the moment."

this is the bullshit thing with his agent, his agent has said something daft, we've reacted and now its snowballing when in reality none of us know whats going on including a lot of of stuff that isnt true, i simply dont believe for example that he can be that naive that he wants to leave us and join a top 6 side in order to play more football, that makes zero sense

the jump from he wont sign a contract because he wants to play media story to us now not playing him because he wont sign a new contract is a big one laced with a lot of negative presumptions 

"I'm still waiting to see what Carney is going to do in terms of his future so there's a lot going on in that No 10 area'

In what world is that not him saying I'm going to play the other options until I know what Carneys future is?

And what else is going on with Carneys future other than his contract and his refusal to sign one?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Gerrard commented on him specifically

Makes sense, if he doesn't want to stay here and sign a contract there is no point in us giving him any minutes on the pitch. I think the club does need to make an example of him in this situation. If you progress here and then decide you're suddenly better than the club just as you turn 18 then you won't be getting any first team minutes. 

I also think we should let his 18 months run down too as we will get compensation for him if another club signs him next summer I believe?

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He wants to go to Dortmund is my belief. He see's what has happened with Bellingham. 

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He wants to go to Dortmund is my belief. He see's what has happened with Bellingham. 

I agree, Germany is a big draw for him. Leipzig or Dortmund are nailed on.

And it's hard to think that would be a big mistake. Sancho and Bellingham have both done brilliantly there and if he strikes up a good partnership with Bellingham it'll be fantastic for his career, neither would stay at Dortmund if they did well, they could conceivably become a partnership for years to come at the top of the Club game and Internationally for England.

Maybe he thinks we'll sell him in the summer as he'll only have 12 months left and long term he believes that would be best for his career - plus he gets to challenge for the Bundesliga. If however we decide to hold him to his contract and lose him on a free, it would be hugely detrimental to his career to not play any football for another 18 months

1 minute ago, Villastine said:

Bellingham is on a different level. 

For sure. But Sancho and Bellingham have both done well going to Germany and he will see himself as a talent on their level. We know he's not there yet, but he'll have the belief he is. Plus his agent in his ear smelling signing fees and rebates for making the sale happen

I assume we'll sell him this window if he wants to go and a club like Dortmund or Leipzig bid for him. I suppose behind the scenes it's kinda like this with the Agent. Look if you're not signing the contract we're going to sell you. If you refuse to be sold we'll leave you with the u23's for next 18 months. 

promise him game time and a chance for the first 11 if he signs a new contract.

If he doesnt sign a new contract, try to sell him in Jan or the summer to at least get something for him.

If he refuses to be sold or we cant get a deal and he intends to run his contract down, drop him to the U23s subs bench for the next 12-18 months.

being held to ransom by a youth prospect isnt a good look, regardless of how good they may or may not be.

I know Chuka is clearly talented, but this has got the classic "thinks he can do better elsewhere" written all over it.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Makes sense, if he doesn't want to stay here and sign a contract there is no point in us giving him any minutes on the pitch. I think the club does need to make an example of him in this situation. If you progress here and then decide you're suddenly better than the club just as you turn 18 then you won't be getting any first team minutes. 

I also think we should let his 18 months run down too as we will get compensation for him if another club signs him next summer I believe?

Absolutely, if it was the case that he really doesn't want to be here and we can't get damn good money for him then he doesn't play for the next 18 months. I'd make him train on his own personally too so he doesn't bring the mood down.

See how many offers he gets when he hasn't kicked a ball for a year. Show the club can't be bullied by kids who have achieved **** all.

Edited by blunther

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think people are jumping the gun, buying to fluff pieces in shit newspapers written by piss poor journalists thanks to a word removed of an agent...and the result is we will vilify a great young talent...and then we'll regret it

What are you talking about? You've quoted the manager saying the exact same thing

If he wants to play he needs to earn it at BMH. I heard an interview with SG where he described how much he wanted to be the best player in training every week as a young player, so that he’d get picked on Saturday. If he isn’t seeing that sort of desire from Chuck, or any player for that matter, they won’t get on the pitch. He knows how hard it is to make it and he’s not doing anyone any favours by ignoring that fact. It can’t be denied that he’s been there and done that at the very highest level. 

From the club’s point of view I don’t think that after Joe, they’re in any mood to bend over backwards for a, as yet unproven at first team level, kid and his agent anytime soon. Prove yourself before you shout the odds. We’ve seen plenty of apparent super stars playing none league football a year or two on. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Â