Villan4Life

57 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I know Brentford have done very well on a limited budget, but outside of Toney, and possibly Rico Henry and Mbeumo is there anyone in their squad that has real quality? I guess Pinnock and Ajer are decent centre backs? Seems to me like they have a lot of average players who work well for the system they have. Not sure many would sell for significant profit. 

Probably get something for Wissa as well he looks dangerous

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They have pretty decent quality throughout that they paid nothing for as well. That adds up.

Those three big clones they have in midfield. Norgaard, Jensen and Janelt. They could probably sell each of them for at least £20m each. Don't think any of them cost more than £5m.

Recent transfers seems to be catching up with them. Schade(before his injury) and Flekken look a huge drop from usual signings. Damsgaard I thought would do well in England has been poor though he seems to have arthritis which is probably a reason

Edited by Zatman

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Recent transfers seems to be catching up with them. Schade(before his injury) and Flekken look a huge drop from usual signings. Damsgaard I thought would do well in England has been poor though he seems to have arthritis which is probably a reason

I don't think it's too bad. Perhaps not knockout bargains they're selling for 20x what they paid, but it's tougher to do that the higher you go. They'll still do it for Toney (who we should have signed) and Mbuemo. If they sell, they'll do very well from Hickey, Collins, maybe Henry and Onyeka if they ever get fit.

I think Schade will prove to be a good top-flight player, maybe not PL, but he'll have a good career.

Flekken does not look good. (Still better than Olsen) Very tough to replace Raya, he's top drawer.

Pretty sure they got Damsgaard for a cut price due to that condition yeah. He's not looked right for years the poor lad.

Brentford are still a team we should be learning from with recruitment IMO.

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They have pretty decent quality throughout that they paid nothing for as well. That adds up.

Those three big clones they have in midfield. Norgaard, Jensen and Janelt. They could probably sell each of them for at least £20m each. Don't think any of them cost more than £5m.

Based on how they looked defensively last season and so far this Ben Mee is actually their most important player besides Toney/Mbeumo as the organiser.

He didn't play the VP game and they could've conceded 8 and they've looked very dodgy out of possession this season.

I think the other guy is right, most of their players just good in the system and would struggle or be unspectacular elsewhere. Hickey is still very young so he might come on to top clubs radars eventually given his versatility.

Damsgaard is one who's flopped a bit, injured again so don't think he's quite got the physicality for the prem.

Think they mostly sign good players but having a bit of a strange time of it this year, Toney is undoubtedly a big miss for them but some of their players havent quite had the impact they would have wanted, Schade, Keane Lewis-Potter and Damsgaard primarily

On 03/10/2023 at 23:14, VillaChris said:

Is Da Silva injured again? He's one I thought had plenty of potential when they came up and had good spells but they seem happy with the safety first midfield and Jensen the one to chip in with 4-5 goals a season.

Yes Again,he has an ongoing condition that looks like it could be career ending.Always thought he would eventually move on to bigger club as on his day has the ability to run a game.

• Sad 1

To be fair they're 14th, would be very surprised if they got dragged in to the relegation fight as they're not as bad as the shite down there, is it not just a case of them settling down and finding their place?

Don't get me wrong they've had 2 great years, 1 in the top 10, not sure why there would be the expectation or demand for year on year progress up the table

Fulham are the same

In for a few boring years I think, safely mid table not going up not going down

• Like 1

15 hours ago, villan95 said:

Don't look good this season. Could be fortunate there's a few really poor teams.

They was unlucky,  ref gave manure everything in the last 20 minute's. Have some good defenders, their a mid table team. Missed some good chances to kill the game as well. 

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

They was unlucky,  ref gave manure everything in the last 20 minute's. Have some good defenders, their a mid table team. Missed some good chances to kill the game as well. 

And the first 70.

It was a disgrace how many wild lunges Utd got away with in first half. Maguire his usual oaf tackle nearly folded Hickey's ankle. Amrabat looks like a pub player going around kicking everyone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tinker said:

I didn't just mean yesterday though. It's more the 1 win from 8 and averaging less than a point per game.

• 2 months later...

They were a complete joke that last 20 minutes. Frank will probably spend the interview crying about what a nice lad Ben Mee is, we know differently.

A deserved red and they completely lost their discipline afterwards.

Not sure what Ollie's issue with their crowd is but basically it was Ghoddos going over to him that sparked the brawl after our second and then they had Maupay on just to try and get one of our players sent off which ultimately worked.

Going to be a bit of needle in the VP game after that second half!

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

God, what a bunch of clearings in the woods this lot are. Fans, players, manager. Disgraceful behaviour.

These are great games to win though when the opposition are playing up like that, buzzing more from this win than Arsenal tbh!

• Like 1

Â