Generic Virus Thread

villakram

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

But that’s exactly my point, plenty of people suggested punishments for students.

I didn’t see anyone suggest punishments for pensioners or the rich or landlords or factory workers.

It’s the scale thing though isn’t it. 
On one hand the pensioner without a mask is doing 34mpg in a 30 zone at a fairly quiet time of day.

The people partying in the street in large groups without any kind of social distancing or masks in a region already rife with the virus, then returning to their shared accommodation and class rooms are doing 55mph in a 30 zone and then speeding up when passing a school.

Re the vaccine forcing people to have it might be a messy affair. It might be better to let people exercise their freedom but then allow places like concerts, cruise ships, airlines etc refuse the custom of people not vaccinated if they wish. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've been thinking exactly that.

Most people can't wait to get back out travelling, shopping, eating and most especially drinking. 

Visiting families, going to watch sports, visiting theatres, going to Cinema, Gyms, Kiddies play centres. 

I think people are massively overestimating peoples reluctance to go back to how we were.  I think most are gagging to get back to normal. 

Nope, nope, nope, definitely can wait to get back to Kiddie Play Centres. Those places are cesspit's straight from the depths of hell. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Nope, nope, nope, definitely can wait to get back to Kiddie Play Centres. Those places are cesspit's straight from the depths of hell. 

off topic a bit but fell asleep in one pissed at Centrparcs years ago whilst 'looking after' the boy. Still gets brought up now some 14 years later, like bleedin elephants aint they

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

off topic a bit but fell asleep in one pissed at Centrparcs years ago whilst 'looking after' the boy. Still gets brought up now some 14 years later, like bleedin elephants aint they

So whilst looking after your child you got pissed and fell asleep in a public play area?
You should be grateful you’re not seeing him every second Saturday in your 1 bedroom maisonette. I’m pretty sure that’s where I’d be :lol: 

57 minutes ago, bickster said:

My only objection about students was that the academic year was allowed to start, it's not their fault what happened, it was inevitable as anyone who has been through Uni or worked close to that environment would understand instantly

It is the fault of lots of them who gathered in large groups with zero social distancing.  There have been many publicised images such as those in the Student Union in Coventry and those protesting (in Manchester?) in a big mob surrounding that girl with the megaphone shouting it wasn't their fault, whilst probably spreading it round the protest crowd like wildfire. I'm sure there are countless others which haven't been splattered all over our TV screens. 

It's not fair to generalise and many many students undoubtedly did the right thing and followed the rules, but large groups didn't. 

That said they shouldn't be singled out any more than thousands of Liverpool fans, those Laandaners packing out the bars (which I am certain happened elsewhere as well but not as well publicised), the nutters on summer beaches and countless others who were let off the leash then immediately let all the hard work slip.

And I bet all those pillocks were standing outside their homes clapping the NHS before putting them right back under pressure again. 

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

AmpleNeighboringDamselfly-small.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We're going wildly OT, but I'm glad I'm not a modern parent. It seemed so much better in the 90s. You just went to the pub, and left the kids in the car with some crisps.

And a cold bottle of Vimto If it was warm but you still had to keep the windows shut

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

So whilst looking after your child you got pissed and fell asleep in a public play area?
You should be grateful you’re not seeing him every second Saturday in your 1 bedroom maisonette. I’m pretty sure that’s where I’d be :lol: 

I think she forgave me because I didn’t soil myself and quite badly injured myself on one of the water slides later in the day due to error of judgement 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It is the fault of lots of them who gathered in large groups with zero social distancing.  There have been many publicised images such as those in the Student Union in Coventry and those protesting (in Manchester?) in a big mob surrounding that girl with the megaphone shouting it wasn't their fault, whilst probably spreading it round the protest crowd like wildfire. I'm sure there are countless others which haven't been splattered all over our TV screens. 

It's not fair to generalise and many many students undoubtedly did the right thing and followed the rules, but large groups didn't. 

That said they shouldn't be singled out any more than thousands of Liverpool fans, those Laandaners packing out the bars (which I am certain happened elsewhere as well but not as well publicised), the nutters on summer beaches and countless others who were let off the leash then immediately let all the hard work slip.

And I bet all those pillocks were standing outside their homes clapping the NHS before putting them right back under pressure again. 

The alternative for the vast majority of Students is staying in. Staying in would be like prison quite frankly, such is the size and nature of the places they live. People suggesting this really don't know what these places are like

The virus is far more likely to have spread in the halls of residence themselves than in any outdoor setting. WHich is ironic given that Manchester University literally tried to turn their halls into a prison (hence the protests)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

So up to three households can mix between 23rd and 27th of December, excluding the 28th which is a bank holiday... odd choice

Yep, rules made by someone who clearly hasnt tried to travel on public transport on a Sunday, let alone the Sunday between Boxing Day (none) and Xmas Bank Holiday Monday (Sunday service AT BEST)

16 minutes ago, chappy said:

So up to three households can mix between 23rd and 27th of December, excluding the 28th which is a bank holiday... odd choice

As predicted someone on my fb feed complaining they’ve got to make choices about who they see.

In the comments more than one of her friends tell her to just see who she wants  like they will be, there’s no way the police will find out etc.

Another for the delete pile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Off the top of my head:

What about people on jury service?

What about the guy that fixes taps in prisons?

What about the guy at the door of the nightclub or the races or the gig?

There will be a thousand jobs that put people in direct contact with a thousand people.

Then all those people go home and do the shopping for their arthritic mum.

By jove, I think you've got it! What if we prioritize arthritic mom. Problem solved.

If the people most at risk are "vaccinated" then covid can be relegated to the normal world of puking, diarrhoea  and lemsip that is overwhelming majority of day-day of public health.

1 minute ago, villakram said:

By jove, I think you've got it! What if we prioritize arthritic mom. Problem solved.

If the people most at risk are "vaccinated" then covid can be relegated to the normal world of puking, diarrhoea  and lemsip that is overwhelming majority of day-day of public health.

Yes, prioritise arthritic mum.

Then the poor bugger that’s 51 and works in the prison and the AA breakdown guy and the woman that works as a school dinner lady.

It’s not fixed by lemsip if you drive for a living or serve food and you lose your fingers.

Couple in their 60’s on the news getting all teary because now they can join their kids and grandkids for Christmas. It’s been such a tough year because he’s lost some friends to Covid so he’s delighted at the new rules.

No words.

20 minutes ago, villakram said:

The point is a lot of people don't know that they are at risk.

There are all sorts of unknown complications. Plenty of seemingly fit young people have got ill (including quite serious long coved problems) and many died.  It is NOT just like puking. 

Not to mention the Vaccine is not 100% effect. Speaking as an otherwise quite fit and full life living diabetic, I would not be at all happy to find myself in life support following an encounter with an anti vaxxer and my jab didn’t work. 

Edited by sidcow

Â