Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, sne said:

One of the 2 big Swedish papers Aftonbladet (a absolute toilet of a paper) is broadcasting live on their site when the big cruise ship with lots of infected people on it that they have dubbed the "Corona-ship" is entering the port in San Francisco.

A bit macabre, it's like they are hoping something will happen so they can have some juicy scenes.

Oh I dunno Sweden trolling Trump isn't a new thing

We had an update at work today that basically said they want everyone to be ready to work from home. Senior staff meetings have been cancelled and shifted to conference calls already. Work travel is basically banned.

51 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

And loads of them (the notes, not the Irish!) will have the added bonus of being rolled up and shoved up people’s noses! 

Absolutely nothing to worry about, it’s all totally fine. 

The virus is not a fan of alkaline environments.

Regular tenner based snorting powder is acidic, but the crack form is more alkaline. However, smoking it through a tenner probably has its own dangers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We talked about this video clip at the time. I'm of the opinion that his comments look worse than they sound there; he's pulling a face while he says it, and ends with 'we've got to strike a balance', rather than '. . . and so that's our plan'. 

However, for the avoidance of any doubt, if their plan actually is simply letting the disease race through the population and letting the NHS collapse under the weight of cases, a] that's a very **** stupid plan that would damage his government enormously, and b] they won't carry it out to its logical conclusion anyway, because they won't be able to get through the political blowback when pregnant women can't get screening, when people are waiting 36 hours in A&E, when advanced leukemia patients are going without chemo, and they're all getting on to the One Show to talk about it.  

Course they can - they will just blame immigration.

Italy now on full lock down!.. Just wash your hands! 

Coronavirus: Whole of Italy put on lockdown as public told to 'stay at home'

Italy's PM extends restrictions to the whole of the country, saying: "The future depends on us and everyone must do their part."

Mrs is seriously worried and wants to cancel our holiday. Going Gran Canaria on Sunday. I would be gutted. No way to get any refund, and I need this holiday mentally with how stupid my job is.

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Mrs is seriously worried and wants to cancel our holiday. Going Gran Canaria on Sunday. I would be gutted. No way to get any refund, and I need this holiday mentally with how stupid my job is.

There’s worse places to get stranded, just make sure you have a reserve of cash money to hand so you can get hold of the basics (beer, sun cream etc.) if it does go tits up. What are the hospitals like in GC? 

If you want to seriously improve your chances of surviving think why do these viruses fall away in the summer months. Answer: sunshine. What does sunshine do? It makes your skin build vitamin D.

This video gives you chapter and verse from a doctor about the effect of Vitamin D.

It is evidence from a massive study and endorsed by the BMJ. Buy Vit D not bog-rolls.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

We had an update at work today that basically said they want everyone to be ready to work from home. Senior staff meetings have been cancelled and shifted to conference calls already. Work travel is basically banned.

Is working from home normal for your company? Interested to follow how everyone else is approaching this as my company doesn't trust us to work from home and will be very reluctant to let us.

27 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Is working from home normal for your company? Interested to follow how everyone else is approaching this as my company doesn't trust us to work from home and will be very reluctant to let us.

Madness

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

Depends on the company/job really doesn't it, Can't really work from home if you work in retail/bars/restaurants/leisure can you

7 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's fairly common, particularly for intermediate level staff up and up. It's rare there's anyone that's truly home based, bar perhaps a few sales people who will be attached to an office but basically be expected to never be in. But now or less active whose got a decent degree of responsibility in the business will take a day here and there to work from home when needed. The job is very easily by remote, you basically just need emails and access to a few systems. The only issue we'd have really is phones, as nobody below those intermediate staff have work mobiles.

8 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

My girlfriend's company (Aldi) still has most staff on PCs. I've been telling her how backwards this is for ages.

They're now scrambling around trying to buy laptops and get VPNs set up for all of their staff.

They're a **** backwards company in many ways. Part of me is glad this might sting them to teach them to join us in the 21st Century

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Honestly Stef, I think you'd be stupid to cancel it unless you're specifically told to by the government or whatever. Assuming it's just you and your mrs.

The only reason I'm (probably) not going to Rome next month is because I'm taking my mom, who's 65. If I was going on my own I think I'd go anyway if they weren't on lockdown or whatever

Â