Tyreik Wright

OutByEaster?

Teenager admits racist abuse of footballer Tyreik Wright

'A TEENAGER has pleaded guilty to racially abusing footballer Tyreik Wright.

The 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted his guilt at his first hearing today (Thursday October 7) at Birmingham Magistrates’ Court.

On February 22, the teenager had posted racist abuse on social media directed towards Aston Villa player Tyreik Wright who was on loan to Walsall at the time.

When challenged by members of the public, he subsequently posted further racist comments.

The matter was referred to the police, and the teenager was arrested.

He initially denied the offence during the police interview, but later confessed and was charged with a single count of sending a grossly offensive message by public communication network.

Today at Birmingham Magistrates' Court, he was handed a 12-month referral order, a restraining order for 12 months, and was ordered to pay compensation of £500, prosecution costs of £100 and a victim surcharge of £22.'

more at: https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/19632421.teenager-admits-racist-abuse-footballer-tyreik-wright/?ref=twtrec

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching Tyreik Wright who has come on for Ireland U21s. He looks sloppy and has been making bad decisions in possession so far. 

Looks a bit behind the rest of the players on the pitch. Hasn't been involved since he gave the ball away twice just after coming on

15 minutes ago, YLN said:

Watching Tyreik Wright who has come on for Ireland U21s. He looks sloppy and has been making bad decisions in possession so far. 

Looks a bit behind the rest of the players on the pitch. Hasn't been involved since he gave the ball away twice just after coming on

And then he scored

A bit like a left footed Ollie Watkins type goal.

Read a decent interview with him lately too, he comes across well. The chances of him making it here now are slim but it would be nice to see him carve out a good career for himself.

https://www.the42.ie/tyreik-wright-interview-5719952-Mar2022/

“Being at Colchester, I am enjoying it a lot more and I feel like myself again.”

Wright has another year left on his Villa contract and remains hopeful of breaking into the first team while acknowledging there is more work needed. When asked specifically what he has to do, he says: “Just end-product, really. That’s something I know myself that I need to improve — getting more goals and assists from open play.”

He admits it is not always easy to retain an optimistic outlook in the ruthless world of professional sport.

“I lean on my mum, my sister and my agent, I speak to them a lot about my future, what I want to do. When I was on loan at Salford I lost myself a bit, but ever since going to Colchester, I had a chat with myself about what I really want in the future, how bad I want it.

“I haven’t been home to Cork in two years, I was missing family a lot, there have been family problems, but you have to deal with it. Most of it was game time, I feel like I should be playing every game but it didn’t go that way and you move on. It was difficult, there were times I was on the phone, not crying but upset, to my mum. She came over this week to see how I was and she was at my game on Monday — seeing family helps a lot.

“I feel more confident when I am on the pitch [the more games I play], I remember when I first went on loan I didn’t know what to expect, I was nervous before games. But I know what it takes now to be in the league and I am enjoying every minute of it.”

• 2 months later...

Having a good game today, some very neat touches. Was involved in the Ireland goal just there clipped it over the defence (Wright) for it to be pulled back for the midfielder to smash home. Good set piece.

He has made a few good passes and chased well when asked. Not a bad half for him

Edited by gordy

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Smart finish but still a tap in.

His accent is something strange at this stage but he speaks well and seems to have the proper attitude.

a bit Cork and a bit English

Edited by Zatman

Maybe a tap in technically, but there are plenty of chances like that which get missed every week in the premier league. Just the right angle and timing to beat a rapidly closing keeper with one touch. Well done Tyreik! He has been a bit 'out of sight, out of mind' this season but hopefully all our talented youngsters get to show Gerrard what they can offer in preseason and we'll see what happens next season. :)

• Like 1

Whether he will make it with us I don't know, but he's had three loans, Walsall, Salford, and Colchester, and has got regular game time at each of those, so must be doing something right, and is I would guess good sign that he has real good chance of having a good career in the game. If we can find the right loan for him next season then we might see him excel even more.

• 2 months later...
Â