Tyreik Wright

OutByEaster?

It's probably too early to judge Wright, he's still only nineteen, that for the most part he's been impressing in a very poor Walsall side can only be a good sign. If he doesn't make it with us wouldn't be surprised to see him do well elsewhere similar to other former youth players of ours that done well in the top two divisions such as O'Hare, Hogg, Robinson, Collins Johnson, and so on.

• 1 month later...

We will probably be releasing at least another ten players in addition to Taylor, Elmohamady and Heaton, I think those three were just announced early so the official media could do all the tributes and so on, without having to namecheck all the others that are leaving.

My guess is that we will offer Wright a new deal, as even if he doesn't make it with us he still might be good enough that we can eventually sell him for some money, although might find that other teams try and sign him this summer, if they promise him games he might prefer that to coming back to us and being loaned back out, will have to see what happens.

1 minute ago, useless said:

We will probably be releasing at least another ten players in addition to Taylor, Elmohamady and Heaton, I think those three were just announced early so the official media could do all the tributes and so on, without having to namecheck all the others that are leaving.

My guess is that we will offer Wright a new deal, as even if he doesn't make it with us he still might be good enough that we can eventually sell him for some money, although might find that other teams try and sign him this summer, if they promise him games he might prefer that to coming back to us and being loaned back out, will have to see what happens.

Yeah I think we'd be mad not to offer him a new deal. 

He seems to have bulk up a bit this year. Could make an impact in pre season if he's still here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villastine said:

Yeah I think we'd be mad not to offer him a new deal. 

He seems to have bulk up a bit this year. Could make an impact in pre season if he's still here. 

Yeah he is physically unrecognisable from the player he was a couple of years back, from looking at the Walsall forum he was well liked by the fans even if they were having a terrible season. Still many levels below what is required here so if he stays and gets another loan you'd hope its at league 1 level at least to test him.

• 5 weeks later...

A few teams interested in loans:

https://the72.co.uk/241114/aston-villa-winger-tyreik-wright-eyed-by-swindon-town-and-leyton-orient/

Swindon Town, Leyton Orient and Salford City are all interested in Aston Villa youngster Tyreik Wright, as per a report by The Athletic. 

Not sure I'd go anywhere near Swindon at the moment, they're a complete mess.

• Like 1

Swindon are part owned by Michael Standing ex (Brighton)Villa and Gareth Barry teammate, agent and loaned him the £800k for his stake…   

Edited by thabucks

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Swindon are part owned by Michael Standing ex (Brighton)Villa and Gareth Barry teammate, agent and loaned him the £800k for his stake…   

He's not getting that back, they've just got rid of a manager after about a month, haven/t been able to pay their players and are heading straight down the pan.

Turns twenty in a couple of months so will have to go on loan somewhere as we will want to use the U23s to bring through younger players, Dominic Revan, Archer, Bridge, Vassilev, and Campton-Sturridge all in a similar position. Pre-season starts Monday so we should start seeing some movement, hopefully he and the others find good teams to go to.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â