I know no one will care but...........

zab6359

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Anyway, I know nobody will care, but I’ve got that very initial signs of a cold thing going on. Slightest of sniffs and a sensation behind the eyes. Still at the stage where mind over matter can kick in and you can refuse to get a cold. I suspect what’s happened, my body has sussed I’ve taken 2 days leave Followed by a weekend, and decided it can also have some down time.

Pray that it's not the virus that has poleaxed me and just about all my immediate family. OK, not actual 'flu', but WAY more vicious than the average cold. And it sticks around. You get days when you think it's gone, and it boomerangs back at you. Four weeks in and we still have hacking coughs. 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Pray that it's not the virus that has poleaxed me and just about all my immediate family. OK, not actual 'flu', but WAY more vicious than the average cold. And it sticks around. You get days when you think it's gone, and it boomerangs back at you. Four weeks in and we still have hacking coughs. 

I'm suffering that now. Went to bed Monday night feeling a bit achy and within an hour i'm violently shaking and shivering and can't get warm. Ended up in my hoodie, beanie hat and jogging bottoms in bed with the heating on full tilt. Only today have I started to feel anything like normal again. Luckily i've been WFH all week and its been quiet so that has helped. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

One of our cats brought a live rat through the cat door the other night and then put it down to kill it or play with it or whatever, and it got loose.  It was sheer pandemonium as we tried to flush it out from under various pieces of furniture so the cat could have another go.  We opened the wide patio door so it would run outside, but my wife and daughter were screaming so loudly that the cat got scared and ran out instead and we had to go out and fetch him back in.  The rat got behind the fish tank and climbed up the power cord for the pump and got in under the cover and into the partition where the water is filtered and fell in before scrambling out on the cord.  A couple of times he was cornered and climbed between the wall and a cabinet, spreading his legs between the two like Jean Claude VanDamme in that video with the bus.  He eventually squeezed under a gap in the bedroom door that we thought was too small for him to fit and disappeared in the recesses of our labyrinthine walk-in closet and we couldn't find him.  I think Wifey slept with one eye open that night.

Next night, I wake up at 12:30 AM to hear the cat darting across the bedroom.   He'd either found the rat or brought in a new one.  Same circus with soundtrack provided by the females (son and I were laughing).   This time the rat eventually gets to the gas range and slips under.  We pull the base plate off and see that the hole where the gas line comes in from the back has enough space around the pipe for a rat to easily crawl through.  So now we have a rat or maybe two that appears to be caught underneath our house and under/behind our kitchen cabinets that taunts us with gnawing sounds.  Our trapping options inside the house are limited because of the cats.   We had our exterior sealed by a pest control company a few months ago, so the rat theoretically can't get back outside, though my kids drop enough crumbs of food in the kitchen that he'd probably never try to leave even if he could.

Yesterday I come home and the cat is asleep on a chair.   15 minutes later I hear a noise and think it might be the rat.   I look down and see the cat with a freshly killed rat, chewing at it.   I pick it up to dispose of it and it's still warm.   I'm thinking, "f***ing hell, the cat found him and got him"!   I didn't think he could have gone out, caught a new one and brought him back in in the time since I saw him sleeping.   High fives all around.

This morning:   gnawing sounds under our kitchen cabinet.   F**k me!!!

TL;DR-  Doesn't matter, you don't care anyway.

We have the odd instance of chasing mice/rats from under the sofa, but generally one of my cats (Freddie the ginger) is a killing machine.

Here are some of his bodycount from this year (and I don't take pics of all of em)...he has pretty much destroyed all the rodents in a a half mile radius.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Not walking on the lawn next to my apartment block. People are saving about 2 seconds walking on the grass instead of the intended pathway with bricks, and just ruins the grass completely. I want it to be nice and stuff, but nobody seems to share that opinion. Lazy words removed the lot of them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

One of our cats brought a live rat through the cat door the other night and then put it down to kill it or play with it or whatever, and it got loose.  It was sheer pandemonium as we tried to flush it out from under various pieces of furniture so the cat could have another go.  We opened the wide patio door so it would run outside, but my wife and daughter were screaming so loudly that the cat got scared and ran out instead and we had to go out and fetch him back in.  The rat got behind the fish tank and climbed up the power cord for the pump and got in under the cover and into the partition where the water is filtered and fell in before scrambling out on the cord.  A couple of times he was cornered and climbed between the wall and a cabinet, spreading his legs between the two like Jean Claude VanDamme in that video with the bus.  He eventually squeezed under a gap in the bedroom door that we thought was too small for him to fit and disappeared in the recesses of our labyrinthine walk-in closet and we couldn't find him.  I think Wifey slept with one eye open that night.

Next night, I wake up at 12:30 AM to hear the cat darting across the bedroom.   He'd either found the rat or brought in a new one.  Same circus with soundtrack provided by the females (son and I were laughing).   This time the rat eventually gets to the gas range and slips under.  We pull the base plate off and see that the hole where the gas line comes in from the back has enough space around the pipe for a rat to easily crawl through.  So now we have a rat or maybe two that appears to be caught underneath our house and under/behind our kitchen cabinets that taunts us with gnawing sounds.  Our trapping options inside the house are limited because of the cats.   We had our exterior sealed by a pest control company a few months ago, so the rat theoretically can't get back outside, though my kids drop enough crumbs of food in the kitchen that he'd probably never try to leave even if he could.

Yesterday I come home and the cat is asleep on a chair.   15 minutes later I hear a noise and think it might be the rat.   I look down and see the cat with a freshly killed rat, chewing at it.   I pick it up to dispose of it and it's still warm.   I'm thinking, "f***ing hell, the cat found him and got him"!   I didn't think he could have gone out, caught a new one and brought him back in in the time since I saw him sleeping.   High fives all around.

This morning:   gnawing sounds under our kitchen cabinet.   F**k me!!!

TL;DR-  Doesn't matter, you don't care anyway.

And that's why you get a dog. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I'm suffering that now. Went to bed Monday night feeling a bit achy and within an hour i'm violently shaking and shivering and can't get warm. Ended up in my hoodie, beanie hat and jogging bottoms in bed with the heating on full tilt. Only today have I started to feel anything like normal again. Luckily i've been WFH all week and its been quiet so that has helped. 

Ha ! How you likin' those potatoes !?

ps - get better soon ;)

images.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I might grudgingly concede that what I thought yesterday could be the onset of some Ebola / Novichok hybrid might just be a cold.

Felt well enough for a sustained tug earlier and then ate a bag of crisps to get my strength back up.

Woman in the shop wasn’t impressed.

Wasn't sustained long enough for her?

On 12/12/2019 at 14:13, GarethRDR said:

I know no one will care but using more than four periods to constitute ellipsis I consider heresy.

I've never seen it so I consider this hearsay.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Ha ! How you likin' those potatoes !?

ps - get better soon ;)

images.jpeg

Yeah but i'd never leave the house looking like that... what do you take me for, a Labour voter?! ;) 

• Haha 1

Â