The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

The first reply to Norman Smith's tweet on this states "the biggest question is who leaked it".

Proper Trumpian defense style.

It's just a shame they don't have Obama to blame for everything too. Mind you, with how many people lap up them blaming the last Labour government for everything they can while being willing to ignore the 9 years since, they're doing OK.

48 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I don't know why we can't just be people.  Why do humans need to subdivide?

Dogs don't look at other dogs and think "I'm not sniffing your arse, you're black", or "you shouldn't be in Sutton Park because you're an Alsatian, you French/German clearing in the woods".

But some dogs are selective in which other dogs they’ll play with, my dog can be fine with some and a total bellend with others, no rhyme or reason for it.

I agree with the sentiment though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xann said:

Divide and conquer.

Aye.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

But some dogs are selective in which other dogs they’ll play with, my dog can be fine with some and a total bellend with others, no rhyme or reason for it.

I agree with the sentiment though.

True.  I did think of that at the time, but struggled to come up with a better analogy.  I was ok with it cos I hold humans to higher standards than dogs!

56 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Is that it? And by it, I mean the big reveal...the most revealing and damning paragraph in the document? If it is, no wonder journalists are still asking about anti-semitism!

I don't think so, but it was the only extract I found on a quick Twitter trawl.  I'd like to think there's something more interesting than that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Is that it? And by it, I mean the big reveal...the most revealing and damning paragraph in the document? If it is, no wonder journalists are still asking about anti-semitism!

It's the page that summarises the situation most succinctly but it doesn't tell the whole story. The paragraph doesn't note, for example, that the US has a priority in extending drug patents, which currently the NHS benefits from by being able to get hold of generic drugs at lower prices. The big pharma lobby hates this, and will be demanding the US makes those patents valid here meaning the NHS pays more. And so on.

No Deal will leave us beholden to whatever terms the US wants to offer us when go begging for a deal, and there's a lot of Tories keen to get on their knees. This is just indicative of that.

Disgraced former minister Liam Fox needs his day in court for that document.

Edited by Chindie

So a lot of the Brexiteers based their vote to leave on the NHS getting more money. A lot of these Brexiteers are now hard no-deal Brexiteers could actually make the NHS go bankrupt, or cost the tax payers significantly more money just to perform as it does today. Wow.

So the 7 way leader debate isn't going to have Johnson, Corbyn nor Farage? What's the point? I haven't got a clue on the Tory and Labour representatives.

I know that the Green rep isn't one of their leaders, but at least Lucas is a prominent voice for the Green Party. 

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Clever quip aside, that ad is absolutely vile.

Three happy white people in a hospital with a headline that more than suggests the issues with our NHS are down to all the foreign scum coming to live here.

Our government are a **** disgrace, and people who fall for this horseshit are just as bad.

Blimey, talk about seeing what you want to see.  Well, Boris Johnson is obviously always going to be white, so that's one of the three. And who's to say that the other two people aren't Polish or Bulgarian if we're talking about immigrants?  What would you have said if the poster had pictured two Asian hospital workers, I would guess something like "Disgraceful, using token ethnic minorities to make it look like he's not racist."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Clever quip aside, that ad is absolutely vile.

Three happy white people in a hospital with a headline that more than suggests the issues with our NHS are down to all the foreign scum coming to live here.

Our government are a **** disgrace, and people who fall for this horseshit are just as bad.

I know we all see things through our own prism but when I saw that ad I took to mean ‘the points system will mean that the NHS will be able to fill staffing positions with people from anywhere in the world if demand requires’ not ‘we’re protecting the NHS by keeping foreigners out’. Almost the complete opposite!

Obviously I’m clueless as to desired meaning, or if it was deliberately meant to be carry a double meaning. I was surprised that two people could look at the same picture and take such different things from it though! 

• Like 1