Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

Lets consider the actions of the Met compared to what would have happened if they'd, you know, done nothing.

Do nothing and the whole protest is a mere footnote in the history books and is soon forgotten about

Do what they did today and... it'll rumble on and on and on

It's now absolutely nailed on that there will be a court case, whether that be because the CPS are idiotic enough to actually prosecute this (They won't be) or a case against the Met for wrongful arrest.

If Jolyon Maugham isn't involved somewhere I'll be shocked

But this one will probably run and run.

I also think Republic may also get a surge in membership and of course the  topic of the role of the monarchy / Church of England in the country will be amplified

The Tories new protest laws will be tested in court (and probably lose)

If you wanted to score a spectacular own goal whilst playing for the establishment, what the Met did today is it

• Like 1

I'd also recommend watching CG-M's interview with a senior police officer on last nights Ch4 news, you could absolutely tell the police officer knew what he was talking about was absolutely wrong legally and morally but he had to say what he said

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not a huge fan of this ceremony at all

53 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

in what is one of the most significant events in our living history.

Make your mind up. You aren't arsed or its a significant moment in our living history

Either way, people should have the right to protest it

• Like 2

Somebody on here a day or so ago suggested that at this point in the polls the tories would previously have cast around to manufacture a winnable war.

It’s manufactured culture war this time.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Make your mind up. You aren't arsed or its a significant moment in our living history

Either way, people should have the right to protest it

For some people, not me. 

As for protesting, I'll remember that when they stop play and protest on our pitch at VP.

56 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

what is one of the most significant events in our living history.

Is it? that is a matter of personal opinion surely. For me I had a dump about 50 minutes ago and that was a way more significant event in my day than the bollocks that has been taking place in Westminster. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

For some people, not me. 

As for protesting, I'll remember that when they stop play and protest on our pitch at VP.

Who are "they"?

If the they you are talking about is Republic then why on earth would you imagine they'll be on the pitch at VP?

Republic are a fairly benign campaigning organisation, they do not use disruption tactics like Just Stop Oil for example

Is Trafalgar Square Villa Park?

How on earth does this analogy work?

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Is it? that is a matter of personal opinion surely. For me I had a dump about 50 minutes ago and that was a way more significant event in my day than the bollocks that has been taking place in Westminster. 

As you say it is a matter of opinion, I'm not to bothered either to be honest.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Who are "they"?

If the they you are talking about is Republic then why on earth would you imagine they'll be on the pitch at VP?

Republic are a fairly benign campaigning organisation, they do not use disruption tactics like Just Stop Oil for example

Is Trafalgar Square Villa Park?

How on earth does this analogy work?

They are all th **** same to me.

"1 bloody day", it's far from isolated to today. The right to protest gets chucked in the bin if you do it in any spot that might be noticed by the chief inbred

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, snowychap said:

(Part of) the point of protest is to disrupt and gain attention. There is **** all point in doing it in the middle of a forest when there's no one around.

There would be plenty of trees to handcuff themselves to

• Haha 1

Â