Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

6 hours ago, imavillan said:

Meanwhile someone’s house has been broken into. Have a crime number, we’re too busy!!!!

They would have purposefully been stationed/assigned there I would have assumed.

If they weren’t at the event and something bad happened you’d have the same people moaning “well where are the police? This is a big event”.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

They would have purposefully been stationed/assigned there I would have assumed.

If they weren’t at the event and something bad happened you’d have the same people moaning “well where are the police? This is a big event”.

Yeah, i get that they would be stationed there but to see them dancing around when they should be 'policing' doesn't sit right with me.

If they are stationed there then they should be patrolling the area, using there skills/experience to look out for potential incidents.

It seems to be the trendy thing for the police to do now at any event they are policing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah we don't want Police Officers that actually have a connection with the community they police, that's such a stupid idea

I much prefer them when they police by fear and intimidate people.

I think you're taking it to the extreme and, i know it's tongue in cheek, but that's a ridiculous and silly statement. 

I have not stated we don't want them mixing with the community, of course we do. There are better ways for them to do that and with a lot more effect where it's actually needed.

• Like 1

Building bridges with local communities is a big part of policing. Especially with how the police are becoming a bit more demonised lately. It’s good to see and I have no problem with them doing what they did at all. If something did happen they could just stop.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, imavillan said:

Yeah, i get that they would be stationed there but to see them dancing around when they should be 'policing' doesn't sit right with me.

At a guess,  This is aimed directly at kids I suspect.  The one thing the Police need to be is approachable by children,  given what happened over the 70's and 80's where kids told people of abuse but were not believed.

It could be the difference for a child that is literally life changing / life saving.  Even if its just one kid,  they can do stuff like this IMO.

4 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Building bridges with local communities is a big part of policing. Especially with how the police are becoming a bit more demonised lately. It’s good to see and I have no problem with them doing what they did at all. If something did happen they could just stop.

Pal, you can't just break rank on a macarena dance off.  What World do you live in?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Pal, you can't just break rank on a macarena dance off.  What World do you live in?!

Edit: I hate message board sarcasm, so hard to detect sometimes. 

Bet they skive off to get a cup of tea and some food too. 

Edited by Ingram85

• 1 month later...
On 23/08/2022 at 07:34, bickster said:

Yeah we don't want Police Officers that actually have a connection with the community they police, that's such a stupid idea

I much prefer them when they police by fear and intimidate people.

But surely the former is just PR to counter the public perception that they often overstep the mark, and appear over-zealous in pursuing certain selective crimes, while ignoring others.

16 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

But surely the former is just PR to counter the public perception that they often overstep the mark, and appear over-zealous in pursuing certain selective crimes, while ignoring others.

What a strange view

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Â