Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

The Child Q story is another disgrace. Hope the victim takes them to the ****ing cleaners.

And quite what the teacher(s) thought they were doing by not being present to ensure any sort of safeguarding, I have no idea.

• Like 1

Every time I hear on the news about the Police doing something really bad it’s nearly always the Met. They aren’t fit for purpose. A gaggle of word removeds. 

15 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Every time I hear on the news about the Police doing something really bad it’s nearly always the Met. They aren’t fit for purpose. A gaggle of word removeds. 

I deal with the Police quite a bit at work. It always amuses me when the Met turn up unannounced as they sometimes do. They absolutely think I'm just going to tell them exactly what they want straight away. I don't think they are used to not getting their own way

They have an arrogance that I don't encounter with any other force. Trouble is I'm a stubborn word removed when it comes to stuff like this.

I always win

On 25/03/2022 at 12:07, ml1dch said:

Strong Constable Savage vibes.

Stopped again 6 days later. Cornered by three patrol cars on his way home from picking up a take away

Institutionalised racism at its best. The Met really isn’t fit for purpose

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

“Golliwog” is one term that was used. 

Edit - to clarify, a picture of a golliwog was used with a caption referring to Markle, rather than the word itself being used - it would seem.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered this guy last night. He is a complete arsehole and a bully and in many cases ends up baiting the people he is trying to expose unnecessarily, but he also shows that the police in a lot of circumstances are acting with impunity and with no clear sense of when they can and can't detain.

This is the best example of what he does well. He got an official apology video from the West Mercia Police.

12 minutes ago, YLN said:

but he also shows that the police in a lot of circumstances are acting with impunity and with no clear sense of when they can and can't detain.

These guys are absolute tits too, they like flying drones (legally) over police stations and the police sometimes arrest them, they then claim the compo but it is hilarious watching the police talking absolte crap about the law

Czech police add Ferrari taken from criminals to fleet

The Czech police's converted Ferrari 458 Italia

Police in the Czech Republic have unveiled the latest addition to their fleet of cars - a Ferrari capable of speeds up to 326km/h (202mph).

Police said the car had been confiscated from criminals.

The €12,000 (£10,180; $12,255) cost of converting it for police use was about the same as buying a new Skoda hatchback, they added.

The Ferrari 458 Italia will be used for cracking down on illegal road races and chasing stolen cars among other things.The Czech police has hundreds of confiscated vehicles that come from criminals and are used to combat serious criminal activity throughout the country, police said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62295674

34 minutes ago, sne said:

The €12,000 (£10,180; $12,255) cost of converting it for police use was about the same as buying a new Skoda hatchback, they added.

Yeah and the fuel consumption is exactly the same too :crylaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

Sussex Police tazered a one legged 93 year old man with dementia

He was in his wheelchair with a knife threatening a member of staff in his carehome

But seriously, first they used PAVA Spray on him, then a Baton and finally Tazered him

He died in hospital 3 weeks later (cause of death yet to be determined)

You have to wonder at the thought processes going on there

4 hours ago, bickster said:

Sussex Police tazered a one legged 93 year old man with dementia

He was in his wheelchair with a knife threatening a member of staff in his carehome

But seriously, first they used PAVA Spray on him, then a Baton and finally Tazered him

He died in hospital 3 weeks later (cause of death yet to be determined)

You have to wonder at the thought processes going on there

Yep I was listening to the story unfold and I couldn’t help thinking, why didn’t they just close the bedroom door on him until he fell asleep?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep I was listening to the story unfold and I couldn’t help thinking, why didn’t they just close the bedroom door on him until he fell asleep?

Call me stupid, but wouldn't a large blanket or duvet thrown over him by 2 officers with body armour been a quick and safe method? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Call me stupid, but wouldn't a large blanket or duvet thrown over him by 2 officers with body armour been a quick and safe method? 

Ask him if he remembers the words to We’ll Meet Again.

It does feel like clubbing, spraying, and tazering him should have been a bit further down the options list.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ask him if he remembers the words to We’ll Meet Again.

It does feel like clubbing, spraying, and tazering him should have been a bit further down the options list.

It reminds me of the wonderful Monty Python sketch where the army instructor shows new recruits how to disarm people armed with different fruit.  He just shoots them. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â