Police state or the state of policing

tonyh29

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a visit at work from the Met.

Three plain clothes police officers looking just like three plain clothes police officers. I could tell from the other side of the car park! 

It's an actual talent they don't realise they have.

A tall man in his mid to late thirties wearing a pair of cut off shorts, cut off at the knee with neat sewn turn ups and a pair of loafers, like an extra from an early Style Council video. 

A three year old child would have made him as a copper in Liverpool

The usual failed bullying tactics were then underway and they left muttering under their breath

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

A police officer who took selfies at a murder scene where a teenager was stabbed has been sacked.

PC Ryan Connolly, who worked for Merseyside Police, also shared racist and homophobic pictures and took photos of mentally ill people being sectioned.

Merseyside Police said he was sacked for gross misconduct after an anti-corruption investigation.

The force said it had found the "severely offensive" photos taken between 2015 and 2018.

The investigation found he had taken "photographs of vulnerable people whilst on duty" and his phone contained "appalling homophobic, racist and offensive images".

BBC link

Reading that news report, it brought to my attention this other story at the start of the month that I somehow completely missed.

A pair of Met Police constables who took photos of two murdered sisters and shared the images on WhatsApp groups have each been jailed for 33 months.

PCs Deniz Jaffer and Jamie Lewis were sent to guard the scene where the bodies of Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry were found in June 2020.

While at Fryent Country Park, they left their post to take photos of the women.

What the men did was a "betrayal of catastrophic proportions", the sisters' mother said in an impact statement.

Another BBC link

Curious to know (a) what law is being applied here that lets the police arbitrarily swab people for traces of drugs, and indeed what law they think would have been broken if they find them and (b) why they thought a jaunty-soundtracked video of them doing it was a good comms move.

• Like 4

I read through that post by @HanoiVillan with increasing anger and incredulity, until I got to this point at which, you just have to laugh, don't you? It's like something out of A Touch of Cloth. The incompetence is just almost impossible to believe.

1. 'The note also stated "btw please do not blame the guy I was with last night". Officers failed to establish that person's identity.

Might as well say "It was definitely suicide, don't look in to this, for real, no need. It specifically was not the guy from, last night, who, I must say, was very very handsome".

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Curious to know (a) what law is being applied here that lets the police arbitrarily swab people for traces of drugs, and indeed what law they think would have been broken if they find them and (b) why they thought a jaunty-soundtracked video of them doing it was a good comms move.

I don't believe it's actually a crime to be under the influence of illegal drugs (unless doing something like driving) so not sure what they're trying to achieve here. Possession can be a criminal offence but they wouldn't need a swab for that. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

the absolute state of them 

Their problem, is ‘police’ are complicit.

Let’s just take one minor detail, the booze suitcase. If they investigate then how did that suitcase get in to Downing Street?

Did they not notice a suitcase?

Did they not bother checking a late nice suitcase arrival?

Did they know it was filled with booze from Tesco and think that was fine?

There will be a hundred other similar scenarios, they’re **** if they investigate it now, because its patently obvious they have known all along and they agreed with the tories that the rules didn’t apply to them.

Meanwhile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Genie said:

A few hours after saying she has no intention of stepping down.

I wonder why she decided it was best to leave her post… 🤔 

Probably because Sadiq Khan would have sacked her by next week, he gave her "weeks and days" to get her act together yesterday in a meeting

Â