Premier League football 09/11 August

villalad21

2 hours ago, Agbonla-score said:

If we had not started last season so badly we would’ve finished higher than Norwich and would’ve destroyed them when we played them. And our team is even better now than the second half of last season.  Norwich‘s team has not improved this season.  We should fare better than them this season, surely 

We were 2 points behind Norwich when Bruce left, We finished 18 behind them. Winning 3 games between the middle of november & the start of march is the reason we ended up miles behind

Edited by LakotaDakota

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haller looks brilliant already. Gutted he went to West Ham.

I’m gutted too. As you know I first mentioned him on here as suggestion 5 years ago when he was playing for Ultrecht. Gutted he went to West Ham... he’s an absolute player.

Edited by Villan4Life

I know it was technically offside, but when playing at real speed how can an attacking player possibly judge that their little finger is poking out beyond the big toe of the defender?

Edit: Ok, so, this statement doesn't really apply because arms aren't considered, but I still think the general gist of it applies.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Can't remember the current offside rules properly

And the rule is just wrong.

Fair enough the attacker can't score with his arm, but the defender can still use his arm to stop the attacker and his arm was further down than Sterling was.

how can they judge that based on which part of the shoulder/arm is off and/or which part of it can play the ball?

I can’t see how they can even say that is off to the letter of the law, it’s so ambiguous. Should have been given.

Â