Premier League football 09/11 August

villalad21

They really should just change the rule so that it's just any part of a players foot that can be offside. You can't score with your arm, so why should that count towards being given offside?

It's going to ruin the game, it's one of the many reasons I didn't want VAR.

1 minute ago, sne said:

At least change it so that any part of the defender, including the arms and hands is counted.

Defenders use their arms to hinder attackers all the time, that part of their body should be in play.

I don't mind it if they want to go down the factual route, introduce complete consistency and get rid of every single error no matter how minor, its not aiding refs it's doing their jobs for them, seeing things that they can't possibly be expected to see

There will still be 89 minutes of shit decisions in the middle of the park but who cares as long as the goals are right 

• Like 2

Sterling should have had 4 today imo. that first VAR decision was ridiculous and down to such a slim margin that the freeze frame basically determined the outcome by millimeters. a few fractions of a second earlier it would have been ok.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Sterling should have had 4 today imo. that first VAR decision was ridiculous and down to such a slim margin that the freeze frame basically determined the outcome by millimeters. a few fractions of a second earlier it would have been ok.

And the worst thing is that exact picture will be given as OK on another day.

It's not even clear on that freeze frame that it is offside, same with the goal after that was given.

It's a trade-off right? A few marginal things called back, albeit correctly, but it at least removes stuff like WBA's goal against us which should have never been a thing. They need a better process for it though, its too disruptive. I think it should just communicate to the ref directly. None of the stadium BS that goes on.

big game because I don't think Bournemouth are that special anymore either, them and burnley have a lot to prove still, what are they about? 14th and 15th last season, finished on 40 and 45 points

if they don't get a result today and then we beat them next week the pressure might be on early doors

17 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I think I’ll be completely and utterly bored of the Premier League again by Christmas. 

I've had no interest in it for years. 

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Brighton look dross tbh. they got lucky with an own-goal and I think Watford should be able to win this.

4 of their new signings on the bench, think they will be OK if not great over the course of the season.

Really interested to see how Trossard turns out since he was someone I hoped we would sign.

Maupay, Webster and Mooy also solid signings.

Also interesting to follow how Potter will fare.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

4 of their new signings on the bench, think they will be OK if not great over the course of the season.

Really interested to see how Trossard turns out since he was someone I hoped we would sign.

Maupay, Webster and Mooy also solid signings.

Also interesting to follow how Potter will fare.

you're probably right. I'm not impressed so far by their players on the pitch, but as you say those are interesting signings.

edit: I think Watford are flattering them a bit. They're not exactly playing aggressively right now.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

Â