Premier League football 09/11 August

villalad21

3 minutes ago, privateer said:

I suppose now we are back I might watch some other non-Villa games but I've been one for that.

Odd as it may sound to some, I'm a Villa fan,  not a "football fan". In much the same way someone may characterise themselves as a, say, Bowie fan or a Black Sabbath fan rather than a "music fan".

I think a big problem I had was the commentary and media, id had enough of it, made casually watching games unenjoyable because its 2 hours of garbage being spouted of you

living abroad and now with different commentary teams I might pick it up again, off to watch the villa in german I think, watched the playoff game vs the baggies in dutch and it was honestly more enjoyable than watching sky

Just now, osmark86 said:

introduces a lot of the good ol' subjectivity into the whole ordeal over lots of time wasting false positives. I wouldn't be against it.

I'm not saying they change what they're doing though. Operate it in the exact same way, just take away that stupid phrase which confuses everybody

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think a big problem I had was the commentary and media, id had enough of it, made casually watching games unenjoyable because its 2 hours of garbage being spouted of you

living abroad and now with different commentary teams I might pick it up again, off to watch the villa in german I think, watched the playoff game vs the baggies in dutch and it was honestly more enjoyable than watching sky

:lol: Yes, I understand that view entirely. You couldn't pay me to watch Match Of The Day and hearing that word removed Tyldesley parroting "Beckham territory" any time there was a free kick within 40 yds of goal made me want to reach for some pliers to start pulling my own teeth out to dull my senses to what I was being subjected to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, privateer said:

I suppose now we are back I might watch some other non-Villa games but I've never really been one for that.

Odd as it may sound to some, I'm a Villa fan,  not a "football fan". In much the same way someone may characterise themselves as a, say, Bowie fan or a Black Sabbath fan rather than a "music fan".

Same here. I pretty much don't watch any football anymore, I listen on the radio. But only Villa. nothing else interests me.

45 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Same here. I pretty much don't watch any football anymore, I listen on the radio. But only Villa. nothing else interests me.

I remember our mate Witton_Lane was the same. I remember him saying to me me once on that subject.

WL: "I'm the most one-eyed football fan you could meet, I'm only interested in watching Villa."

privateer: "Don't glance at his blind eye. Just don't look at his unseeing opaque pupil."

pivateer: "D'oh!"

privateer: "OK. Ppppppppokerface."

:crylaugh:

Edited by privateer
  • Haha 1

What in the world is that line-up for Arsenal thou?

Obviously Emery knows something we don't but that is a baffling selection.

Arsenal team to face Newcastle

Edited by sne

Â