Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Wouldn't want to sell whatever the price type of player you can build a team around. He'll be a regular for the Brazil team soon enough. 

We pulled Man City's pant's down with Gresford, but DL is a whole new level of pant pulling down! 15 mil was it 😂

About time we got some revenge on that plastic, soulless cancer of a club after they took Barry, Milner and Delph from us for a combined £46m and sent that waster Ireland our way.

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

spacer.png

I think his head will get turned and there MIGHT be a release clause in his contract (pure speculation).

I really don't want him to go, but like I say, I have a sneaky suspicion he will. 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think his head will get turned and there MIGHT be a release clause in his contract (pure speculation).

I really don't want him to go, but like I say, I have a sneaky suspicion he will. 

It's good to prepare for the worst possible scenario. 

The worst possible scenarios for me would be

1) Martinez leaving

2) Luiz leaving

Anyone else we have I feel is either completely replaceable or almost certainly not leaving due to other factors.

So I understand the fear.

But,  in either of those possible (but i think unlikely) scenarios I'm sure we're going to get very well compensated.

Although we had the clown managing us at the time, the leadership that negotiated Luiz's new deal would have been extremely competent in making sure any release fee would be set high enough to make it worth our while. I'm fairly sure we could renegotiate that fee if we felt it was too low and give Luiz an extra bump too after his player of the season performances.

They both love the club so think we would only be selling them if it was on our terms.

14 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Ahh I see, so you're glass entirely empty kind of guy.

I know we've lost players we've all loved before, and to release clauses in some cases. I understand the fear, but...

Luiz has shown no signs of having his head turned, if he was disappointed at not being sold to Arsenal then he's got a funny way of showing it, he signed a new deal and then promptly had his best season for the club by some distance. He's never said anything other than how happy he is here.

There's been absolutely no mention of a release clause, the only reason it's even thought about is because of what happened with Delph and Grealish previously, even if there is a clause it will be for plenty of money, I just don't see us allowing a low fee for a release clause, we didn't for Grealish.

The guy loves playing football, and he's clearly enjoying playing his football under Emery, he's an important part of one of the most exciting projects in the league.

It's not impossible he leaves this summer, any player could move at any time, I just think it's very very unlikely.

I know as Villa fans we're programmed that nice things can't happen to us, that it could all go horribly wrong at any given moment, but rather than go looking for that, I'd rather just enjoy the exciting summer we have ahead of us, and post some silly gifs now and again, some probably involving fish.

Fin.

I’d say it’s likely there’s a release clause, he signed the contract weeks after the arsenal interest. To be honest, it’d have been daft from his perspective not to have had one included.

• Like 1

i think it's a lot less likely to have any player's head turned by another club.  The UE project seems to be working well for everyone.   They will be enjoying their play, learning, getting better, and that's just plain fun.   And you can tell yourself that your value is only going up right now, so keep investing in the improvement under the maestro.   

at least that's my theory.

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I’d say it’s likely there’s a release clause, he signed the contract weeks after the arsenal interest. To be honest, it’d have been daft from his perspective not to have had one included.

£100m and he can link up with Gresford.  But not a penny less.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There may be, they are certainly becoming more popular it seems, but I'd imagine if there is one it is for a lot of money. Just because there may be a clause doesn't mean he's going to move, every player in Spain has a release clause by law, but not every player moves every summer because of it.

A lot of people were miffed when Grealish went, but that £100m sure did help the club. Luiz is far more replaceable than Grealish was at that time. I think we'll be fine either way, we are in very good hands.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Out of interest do you keep your missus under lock and key indoors? Relax man, he's just been part of our best season in donkeys years, we're clearly on the up, he's young enough to stick it out here for at least a couple more seasons before moving on if we don't get to where we think we will be.

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Out of interest do you keep your missus under lock and key indoors? Relax man, he's just been part of our best season in donkeys years, we're clearly on the up, he's young enough to stick it out here for at least a couple more seasons before moving on if we don't get to where we think we will be.

Absolutely!

• Haha 1

He has regularly gone on record saying that he absolutely loves it here. I’ve no idea why some folk are so negative. He’s going nowhere. 

Loves it here - developed well this year.

But if a high enough offer came - then who knows? Chelsea and Arsenal were ready to fork over 75m+ allegedly for Caicedo. If a similar offer came in for Luiz, I wouldn't have hard feelings about it.

Â