Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

15 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I don't really get this notion that people are only rating him because he's not been playing, as if there isn't documented evidence everywhere of loads of Villa fans rating him for years? Not to mention him clearly attracting the interest of teams better than us.

Yeah people just like a narrative sometimes to explain whatever the club does/slag off our players. I have rated DL throughout his time with Villa. I rate Buendia as well and it’s not because Gerrard doesn’t pick him.

Luiz is a good player...not a bad player...nor a world beater.

Like most players that wear the shirt.....there is a touch of bias towards them.

Comments like we look better with him in the side or it all goes to rat when he doesnt is a bit OTT.

Technically he is very good, thats the south american style in him.

Of course he is going to attract interest from other teams.....why...he is a good player...but IMO...for a better team he would probably be a squad player and the fact he has one year left on his contract means the price for him will be low.

It stands to reason there is an interest mainly due to this....more so than him being a great player...as made out on here sometimes.

If he stays...great...if he goes....oh well.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Who has he sold? Chukz? He was going anyway, just like Doug. 

No point getting into this is there, your mind is made up, but I’d like to think if a better manager was using these players they might not be being flogged off. Other than that if I list players I think we were stupid to sell, Traore etc, you’ll just say they aren’t good enough, just as are in this case. I think you’re wrong and I’ll be sad to lose DL because he’s been one of my favourite players since we came up. But you’re entitled to your opinion. 

Just now, Adam2003 said:

No point getting into this is there, your mind is made up, but I’d like to think if a better manager was using these players they might not be being flogged off. Other than that if I list players I think we were stupid to sell, Traore etc, you’ll just say they aren’t good enough, just as are in this case. I think you’re wrong and I’ll be sad to lose DL because he’s been one of my favourite players since we came up. But you’re entitled to your opinion. 

If a player runs down his contract and won't sign an extension the club's hand is forced. It's not like Dougie didn't play nearly every game in his 3 seasons here. Luiz and Chuk leaving for Arsenal and Chelsea. They are bigger clubs who pay more money and we are forced to sell because they have less than a year left.

Getting 25 and 20m for them is great work by the club. We need a physical presence in midfield and Luiz doesn't offer than, great player that he is

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

Keeping it on Doug. If he’s not signing a new contract, what are we to do?

Let him run out his contract and get nothing for him, in the hope that he alone keeps us up 

or get paid and give him the “ol uncle Phil” 

Just now, CVByrne said:

If a player runs down his contract and won't sign an extension the club's hand is forced. It's not like Dougie didn't play nearly every game in his 3 seasons here. Luiz and Chuk leaving for Arsenal and Chelsea. They are bigger clubs who pay more money and we are forced to sell because they have less than a year left.

Getting 25 and 20m for them is great work by the club. We need a physical presence in midfield and Luiz doesn't offer than, great player that he is

Yep like I say no point in going back and forth but I believe those players could have been used better and would have then signed new contracts, especially Chuk. You believe they wouldn’t and were just holding out for free transfers for the last 12-18 months, fine for you. May as well leave it there.

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

I don’t want him to go but if he doesn’t want to sign a new deal, then it’s a business at the end of the day. 20m plus today or lose him for nothing in 9 months? 

Rather take that chance, Gerrard is not going to be here much longer, so we should get someone in that will drop McGinn and play Luiz! 

• Like 3

And if he is hesitating but you know you have agreeable terms... I can't for the life of me understand why he's been treated the way he has been the last 4 games. He's in much better form than McGinn and Ramsey and has been shafted, why wouldn't we just play him as he's in better form and ready to sign on the dotted line?

Instead, we've subbed him off when he's the best player on the pitch and turned him off signing a contract he's allegedly already agreed?

Madness. 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

If terms are agreed you get them to put pen to paper. Hesitating and time wasting and look where we are.

I think not being utilised and really being unsure of the coaching set up would make me think twice. Throw in Mings, Sanson, El Ghazi, Traore et al treatment and I'd be holding off a little! 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dale said:

I think not being utilised and really being unsure of the coaching set up would make me think twice. Throw in Mings, Sanson, El Ghazi, Traore et al treatment and I'd be holding off a little! 

New manager can fix that 

• Like 1

Â