Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

29 minutes ago, useless said:

I find these rumours of a move to Liverpool hard to believe, he's not good enough for them and they already have an host of midfielders better than him.

They dont really though. Fabinho and thiago are their only two top class central midfielders. The rest are average at best. Elliott looks good but will need time. Henderson, Milner, keita, etc. all need to be replaced. 

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We will obviously get a replacement in if luiz goes. There is no chance he goes and we dont replace him. That would be a relegation move.

Wonder if gerrard might try get a player from them in  return.

at this point nothing would surprise me

Personally I will be gutted if he leaves, always thought he was a very good player and can still become better. In the right position in midfield he could make the whole team tick, just needs a good manager who can utilise his talents.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Why not? Players playing out their contracts is not that unusual these days. See Kamara as an example.  

What would you rather? Him going for free next year or get some money now? 

it’s basically a £20-30m loan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What would you rather? Him going for free next year or get some money now? 

it’s basically a £20-30m loan 

What does £20-30m matter if we get relegated? Selling Luiz with no replacement lined up is suicide.

He's never really got going at Villa, he seemingly refuses to sign a contract and there's one year left.

For all potential he may have, we can't turn down £20m if it's on table.

I'd take it. Probably ask for Milner for a year to add some experience, organisation and bite to the midfield.

But Villa are feeling quite 'done' now and there's a real danger of us completely crumbling away.

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s suicide having Gerrard in charge. losing Doug won’t change that 

Well yes, Gerrard needs to go also.  But selling our 2nd best midfielder with nobody of equal or better ability to replace him means a relegation battle.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Well yes, Gerrard needs to go also.  But selling our 2nd best midfielder with nobody of equal or better ability to replace him means a relegation battle.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

It will be suicide because Luiz won’t be available for Gerrard’s replacement.

Let me get this clear… your logic on this is we are getting relegated if we lose one player? 

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Let me get this clear… your logic on this is we are getting relegated if we lose one player? 

My logic is that we are going to struggle anyway.

Despite the fact that you think Luiz is ok-ish, it will still weaken the squad to not have him in it without replacing him. So without him we will struggle even more.

• Like 1

If the look on his face Sunday was anything to go by he won't be signing any deal any time soon.The fact we then collapsed when he went off would suggest he was right to be annoyed at being hooked.

With one year on his deal he has every right to hold out , clearly the current manager's position is not secure.If he does go add him to Vertout and Gueye who went on to better things from the CM roles.

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

My logic is that we are going to struggle anyway.

Despite the fact that you think Luiz is ok-ish, it will still weaken the squad to not have him in it without replacing him. So without him we will struggle even more.

We going to struggle with or without him, regardless, thanks to stevie. 

So back to my original statement. If he’s not going to sign a contract, Villa might as well sell.

Use that money to get a replacement… if we can’t, Morgs, Marv and Tim have to step up.. but at least we have money in the bank for any replacement down the line  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

We going to struggle with or without him, regardless, thanks to stevie. 

So back to my original statement. If he’s not going to sign a contract, Villa might as well sell.

Use that money to get a replacement… if we can’t, Morgs, Marv and Tim have to step up.. but at least we have money in the bank for any replacement down the line  

Your first sentence is just an assumption on your part and not necessarily true, plus there are wholly different degrees of struggle with potentially different consequences, so to say we'll struggle anyway isn't particularly relevant, if we're struggling a hell of a lot more due to the loss of certain players and that could tip the balance towards relegation.

So back you your original statement, "If he’s not going to sign a contract, Villa might as well sell."... no that doesn't follow.

19 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Your first sentence is just an assumption on your part and not necessarily true, plus there are wholly different degrees of struggle with potentially different consequences, so to say we'll struggle anyway isn't particularly relevant, if we're struggling a hell of a lot more due to the loss of certain players and that could tip the balance towards relegation.

So back you your original statement, "If he’s not going to sign a contract, Villa might as well sell."... no that doesn't follow.

What would you want, if he’s doesn’t sign a contract?

Sell now for £20-30m or let him him go for free next summer? 

Â