Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

7 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Yeah that annoying way grown adults make leaps of logic and form strong opinions based on random unrelated bits of information that don't necessarily mean anything.

And often to fit preconcieved ideas!  😄

Tbh, for me, I think maybe Luiz is just lacking in some qualities needed to boss this level—number one being any real pace. He's a good player and has a lot to offer though.

My favourite one which happened yesterday, one very unreliable journalist (Ekroum or whatever he’s called) will say “Bale interested”. People then talk about it for a while, then you get people saying “lots of rumours going about”. No there’s not loads of rumours about. One dodgy guy who’s been wrong on multiple occasions just THIS transfer window wants some clicks now the whole fanbase thinks there’s solid links to Bale 😂 

• Like 3

I still think he was our second best player after Jack between the two covid breaks and he was playing as a 6 then.  Covid either hit him quite hard or he just lost his form and was inconsistent.  I'd start with him alongside Kamara until the latter is up to speed in the Prem.

• Like 1

I don't think it matters a not if you think he's brilliant, good, average, poor or terrible.  If he doesn't sign a new contract he needs to be sold this window. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I don't think it matters a not if you think he's brilli, good, average, poor or terrible.  If he doesn't sign a new contract he needs to be sold this window. 

Yes and no. Yes in that we don’t want to lose people for free. No in that if (and I don’t think this is the case) Gerrard thought he could help us finish 2-3 places higher before leaving on a free then the finances are basically a wash, especially if it pushes off replacing him (which will probably cost more than we get if the point is improvement) until next summer and allows us to spend in other places now. Not worth worrying about it, I’m sure the club will figure it out based on what offers we get. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Yes and no. Yes in that we don’t want to lose people for free. No in that if (and I don’t think this is the case) Gerrard thought he could help us finish 2-3 places higher before leaving on a free then the finances are basically a wash, especially if it pushes off replacing him (which will probably cost more than we get if the point is improvement) until next summer and allows us to spend in other places now. Not worth worrying about it, I’m sure the club will figure it out based on what offers we get. 

I don't think he's really played that well under Gerrard tbh, had much stronger periods of form under DS and was probably our best player in the last 5-6 games of his reign. Since Gerrard came in he's been fairly mediocre bar the odd decent half.

And I can't see Gerrard suddenly starting him over McGinn or Ramsey so don't see point in keeping him just to back up Kamara when Nakamba can do that and we can sell Doug for 15-20m.

On 19/06/2022 at 09:37, sharkyvilla said:

I still think he was our second best player after Jack between the two covid breaks and he was playing as a 6 then.  Covid either hit him quite hard or he just lost his form and was inconsistent.  I'd start with him alongside Kamara until the latter is up to speed in the Prem.

Agree. He was great after project restart, but we haven't seen that form consistently since. I think he has lost a bit of motivation, as he doesn't really enjoy playing as a 6. I'm not sure he would be a starter as an 8 so if he wants first team football he will have to move. If we get anything over 20m for him this summer then I'll be happy. 

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

What we already know but worth adding as Matt Maher is a reliable source--adding validity etc.

This rumour just won't go away so I would be shocked if there wasn't some truth in it. Hopefully we get a decent fee and all his wages off the payroll. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

This rumour just won't go away so I would be shocked if there wasn't some truth in it. Hopefully we get a decent fee and all his wages off the payroll. 

Seems obvious either he doesn't want to sign a new deal or we have no interest in offering one--either way, best that he is sold in this window. If we can get £20mill I would be happy!

I wonder if we will look for two CMs if he departs as we are clearly looking for one at the moment anyway.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

Agree. He was great after project restart, but we haven't seen that form consistently since. I think he has lost a bit of motivation, as he doesn't really enjoy playing as a 6.

Think you could be spot on with that.

Roma are being heavily linked with Sabitzer today plus Lucas Torreira and Saul also mentioned plus they signed Matic

Roma midfield is quite stacked as it is

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Maybe they just deemed that figure too high for that particular player? 

Or they dont really have that much money which has been heavily reported

Apparently could afford Oliveira if 7 million who had a decent loan spell with them

Just now, Zatman said:

Or they dont really have that much money which has been heavily reported

Apparently could afford Oliveira if 7 million who had a decent loan spell with them

Basically we are just having a good old guessing game.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Roma are being heavily linked with Sabitzer today plus Lucas Torreira and Saul also mentioned plus they signed Matic

Roma midfield is quite stacked as it is

It's Mourinho though so he'd have no hesitation in throwing in three defensive minded midfielders away to Milan clubs next season to stifle the game. Similar to what he did in his last year at Man. United starting all of Matic-McTominey- Herrera and Young left wing in some games.

Perhaps they might move Cristante on although I guess that would spark riots given he's played over 100 games for them and the captain I think. Perhaps a bit slow for prem but a good passer and 6ft 2 so would add more presence to our central midfield.

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Would be surprised if he's featuring in the social media posts if we have a clear intention to move him on. 

Which is why I sadly think we won't sell Ings and McGinn. 

Or Watkins, or Douglas Luiz. Haha

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Would be surprised if he's featuring in the social media posts if we have a clear intention to move him on. 

Which is why I sadly think we won't sell Ings and McGinn. 

Admin can’t count

Â