Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

If he is out and we get wins in our next few then we will have done brilliantly. Getting Pau and Konsa back for the run it would be huge!!

That's the only way I can look at it

There is now big pressure on Cash to try and act as the 3rd CB. I am not convced at all that he can do it but the only other viable option would be to play Kamara at RB.....but with only Tim as his replacement...not really that viable!!

4 minutes ago, eholm said:

There is now big pressure on Cash to try and act as the 3rd CB. I am not convced at all that he can do it but the only other viable option would be to play Kamara at RB.....but with only Tim as his replacement...not really that viable!!

Kamara drops in at CB on defence as Emery's 622 already

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Kamara drops in at CB on defence as Emery's 622 already

Not when Konsa plays RB. The issue with Kamara dropping into CB drags the 10's back as well resulting in Ollie being isolated and less creativity in final third. This the main reason why Unai prefers to use Konsa at RB...less overall impact on the structure. IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, eholm said:

Not when Konsa plays RB. The issue with Kamara dropping into CB drags the 10's back as well resulting in Ollie being isolated and less creativity in final third. This the main reason why Unai prefers to use Konsa at RB...less overall impact on the structure. IMO.

Konsa doesn't always play RB he plays there sometimes but it's not the norm and sometimes relevant to the opposition. There's countless non Villa fan tactics videos about Emery operating a 6222 in attack and 622 in defence with Kamara dropping into a 3rd CB role 

7 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Maybe I’m being overly optimistic here but I’m not exactly sure what people are getting worked up about. Article doesn’t seem to know anything except that they still have to do tests on him. Could turn out to be mere bruising and a good weeks rest is all he needs. Just have to wait until Emery speaks at the presser.

That's my take. Its just one article in the telegraph isn't it. Nothing has come out from the club yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa doesn't always play RB he plays there sometimes but it's not the norm and sometimes relevant to the opposition. There's countless non Villa fan tactics videos about Emery operating a 6222 in attack and 622 in defence with Kamara dropping into a 3rd CB role 

I think it is becoming the norm in recent weeks as Unai does not trust Cash at RB/RCB - only really plays him there for width if we have no RW option e.g Bailey injured and so have to play a CM (McGin) on the RW. Agreed it can be opponent specific, however, when he has the players available, Unai does pick Konsa at RB more often than not. I think he has seen the negative impact on our attacking play when BK drops back. Obviously Konsa at RB improves our defensive structure but also, it could be argued, has just as big an impact on our froward olay as well. 

6 minutes ago, eholm said:

Obviously Konsa at RB improves our defensive structure but also, it could be argued, has just as big an impact on our froward olay as well. 

No different to Young playing there before. Emery getting the RB to tuck in and Moreno/Digne bomb forward. People complaining Cash passing backwards at every opportunity but he said after Boro game he has FB coaches giving him instructions. It's like his go forward has been trained out of him

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

No different to Young playing there before. Emery getting the RB to tuck in and Moreno bomb forward. People complaining Cash passing backwards at every opportunity but he said after Boro game he has FB coaches giving him instructions. It's like his go forward has been trained out of him

Agreed, however, I dont think Unai now sees Cash as being defensively good enough to act as that 3rd CB/RCB, hence why he opts for Konsa....and with Bailey ahead of Cash we do not want Cash looking to get forward anyway. Lets hope that Konsa's knock isnt too bad as I'm sure we can both agree we are a weaker team without him in it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

Lets hope that Konsa's knock isnt too bad as I'm sure we can both agree we are a weaker team without him in it. 

Obviously. Our spine is Emi Konsa Luiz Watkins

7 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

He is clearly injured and will definitely miss these next two crucial games which in itself is a disaster. Throw in the possibility of a long lay off and it becomes catastrophic given our lack of defensive depth.

I don’t doubt he’s injured but the point I’m making is right now we know nothing regarding the extent of that injury and the article clearly knows nothing. We won’t have any actual answers until Emery speaks on this new round of tests.

1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

I swear to god it was “come on the Villa, get into em”. I may have been young and naive then though. I miss that chant, I was thinking about it the other day.

deffo F**K um off, can hear it ringing round the old Holte in my head

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

As the chant used to go, F**K um off get Into um. F**k um off get into um 

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I swear to god it was “come on the Villa, get into em”. I may have been young and naive then though. I miss that chant, I was thinking about it the other day.

I’ve always shouted “f*** them up, get into them, f*** them up, get into them”.

Makes more sense and sounds better to me. 

Only at the football, I should add, wouldn’t ever chant it when picking the kids up from school. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Konsa will be a massive miss but he’s only one player, we’ve got it within us to step up again and still win games. Just have to hope that we have both him and Pau back before too long as Carlos and Lenglet will be ready for a rest. 

• Like 1

Â