Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

Listened to his interview, was it really necessary for one of the female reporters to resort to that old stereotypical question of how difficult was it growing up in Newham and not getting into a life of crime. She may not have worded the question as such, but the inference was there. Plenty of black youngsters grow up in inner cities and go on to lead honest and responsible lives.l

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Listened to his interview, was it really necessary for one of the female reporters to resort to that old stereotypical question of how difficult was it growing up in Newham and not getting into a life of crime. She may not have worded the question as such, but the inference was there. Plenty of black youngsters grow up in inner cities and go on to lead honest and responsible lives.l

From the way she worded the questions it did sound like it's something he's touched on before. But without any context, it did sound really weird. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Listened to his interview, was it really necessary for one of the female reporters to resort to that old stereotypical question of how difficult was it growing up in Newham and not getting into a life of crime. She may not have worded the question as such, but the inference was there. Plenty of black youngsters grow up in inner cities and go on to lead honest and responsible lives.

Yeah I thought that was a little odd as well tbh. He answered everything excellently though, seems really level headed.

• Like 2

Just now, tomav84 said:

so considering he didn't actually win a cap, does this mean he's still eligible for portugal? genuine question...and probably one that he's also pondering

ye, he didnt win a cap, so still not tied down to England.

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm sure he's already said he'll only play for England as he was born here. 

shame. another tournament will pass him by then. at least southgate won't be there in a year though

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's behind maguire, guehi, tomori, stones, Colwill, probably switching to a 3 and playing walker, maybe dunk

Embarrassing

It's really hard to see who in that list is even close to Konsa IMO.

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Stones and that's it

And to be fair he was playing holding midfielder wasn't he? (instead of phillips)

Mings was the same last season

Yeah stones plays mostly deep midfield nowadays. He's good good feet so yep I'll take Stones. One though, you can argue there's one more English player who can play as well as Konsa does in his position at the moment. It's bonkers.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'm sure he's already said he'll only play for England as he was born here. 

He said that's all he's considered at this time, of course he's going to say that in his England press conference though.

If Southgate was in charge after the Euros, I'd back him to switch, but with him being gone after the Euros (please God) he can afford to be a bit more patient. That said if he decided to switch asap I wouldn't blame him.

He's not going to switch to Portugal :lol:

Even if he did, he wouldn't just walk straight into the team. Dias and Inacio started the other night and then the very highly rated Antonio Silva on the bench. 

Probably won't ever play international football properly and that's fine. 

Â