Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

On 02/04/2022 at 19:56, Brumstopdogs said:

Starting to look as though he might need upgrading if these type of performances continue.

I think he will, be in the spotlight in the summer....I have never been totally convinced and thought the England calls were ambitious at best.

Not,  bad for the money, is all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn’t sell Konsa right now, his stock is too low get rid the following summer after we have had a better season making him look better.

If we have a better season that is.  Remember when we were all saying Konsa should be one of the first names in the England team?  We've went from that to struggling to sell.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

If we have a better season that is.  Remember when we were all saying Konsa should be one of the first names in the England team?  We've went from that to struggling to sell.

We will have a better season if we have adequate protection in the midfield, we will have a much better season if that is twinned with playing wide forwards.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We will have a better season if we have adequate protection in the midfield, we will have a much better season if that is twinned with playing wide forwards.

Agree with this. Konsa and Mings were getting battered for a good run of games under Gerrard. 2/3 times a game they’d be exposed by our system. I think konsa needs to improve on the ball and his passing range too, chambers is much better at it and I think that’s why he’s looked so good beside Mings

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Agree with this. Konsa and Mings were getting battered for a good run of games under Gerrard. 2/3 times a game they’d be exposed by our system. I think konsa needs to improve on the ball and his passing range too, chambers is much better at it and I think that’s why he’s looked so good beside Mings

Well yea and if you consider his deficiencies aren't acceptable you sell him at the end of a good season for the club when he has played a lot.
Get good money for him and buy a player you think doesn't have those deficiencies. 

This is how you do good business, it is no different to El Ghazi last summer...... We all knew he wasn't what we needed and his value would never be higher yet for some stupid reason we didn't sell him.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Well yea and if you consider his deficiencies aren't acceptable you sell him at the end of a good season for the club when he has played a lot.
Get good money for him and buy a player you think doesn't have those deficiencies. 

This is how you do good business, it is no different to El Ghazi last summer...... We all knew he wasn't what we needed and his value would never be higher yet for some stupid reason we didn't sell him.

I don’t disagree with the sentiment but there has to be a market for the player. If nobody is interested then you can’t do a fat lot about it. That’s why we have had so many players go out on loan over the past decade. We can’t get rid of them so end up subsidising their wages whilst they go and play elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I don’t disagree with the sentiment but there has to be a market for the player. If nobody is interested then you can’t do a fat lot about it. That’s why we have had so many players go out on loan over the past decade. We can’t get rid of them so end up subsidising their wages whilst they go and play elsewhere.

That's why you plan sales ahead of when you want to lose them

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Let's not discussing selling Konsa guys, come on, talk about overreaction 🙄

I wouldn't sell him, be a fantastic 3rd choice when we get to full strength. If we did I'd want 33m + 40% sell on fees.

In all seriousness though I'm wondering wether SG fancies him and if there is a possibility that he does move on? Would seem odd to have had a solid transfer policy that for the most part has been successful, the squad is worth considerably more then what's been invested, we are making slow progress now though and we need a shot of something that takes us up a level. This will be a very interesting window 

31 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Would seem odd to have had a solid transfer policy that for the most part has been successful, the squad is worth considerably more then what's been invested,

The manager has a two year window to succeed tops otherwise his dream job will never come. He doesn't have time to bring people in and develop them. Which is a shame/shortsighted indication that he'd have been better off at Newcastle. 

Edited by Dale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dale said:

The manager has a two year window to succeed tops otherwise his dream job will never come. He doesn't have time to bring people in and develop them. Which is a shame/shortsighted indication that he'd have been better off at Newcastle. 

I can't believe the hierarchy at the club haven't considered this 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dale said:

It is a bit scary to be honest but I see it as a no lose situation for us, if he smashes it he goes there and we would probably be in a position to attract a top manager.

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It is a bit scary to be honest but I see it as a no lose situation for us, if he smashes it he goes there and we would probably be in a position to attract a top manager.

If - is doing some heavy lifting there.

If he bombs we are left with a load of players with little resale value on large contracts - purchased to play in a flawed formation - with the credibility of our CEO on the floor.

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

If he bombs we are left with a load of players with little resale value on large contracts - purchased to play in a flawed formation - with the credibility of our CEO on the floor.

Image result for scared gif

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

Worth remembering though that we are a richer team than most, so we don't NEED every player to have resale value and to turn a profit. We have players that we COULD make money on in the squad, the likes of McGinn, Konsa, Cash, Martinez. Mings would even command a big fee despite being older. Watkins, Buendia, Bailey, Traore etc were big money signings but we would also probably be able to get back at least what we paid for them. 

Southampton, for example, need every player to turn a profit and its made them perennial mid table with the occasional relegation battle thrown in. 

To challenge and improve you need a blend of players that can be sold for profit, and players who are just for the here and now. Coutinho won't make us a profit but we'll have a better chance at cracking the top 6 with him than without him. 

We also need to be able to sell players at their peak value which is why the notion of "only buy first teamers then your current first teamers move to the bench" is not a sustainable approach, we need to maximise the amount we sell players for and they are worth more as first team players. We'll get more for McGinn this summer than we will if he makes 4 starts and 15 sub appearances next season, and that money can be used to improve the team

Edited by weedman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Good enough for Arsenal - but not Aston Villa if you believe what you read.

Joe Gomez must be some player.

As it happens I don't believe what I read from football gossip websites.

Do you?

• Like 1

Our most overhyped and overrated player...  I don't see what the fuss is about Konsa and why everyone seems to think he's so good, but Mings somehow is a liability.  Konsa's positioning is downright dreadful.  

A healthy Joe Gomez would be a big upgrade.  

• Haha 2

Â