Matt Targett

villan-scott

We're very ineffective at selling fringe players. Newcastle are loaded and desperate, we can dictate a bit more on our terms surely. 

Instead, the villa way is to loan out until contracts are up. Its costing the club millions. 

If Tigs is going to take the Saudi coin, we should extract a high price for it. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nice to see the geordies are as nuts as some of us.

No disrespect Mr. Targett.

That is the most inaccurate summary of a player I've ever read. Hilarious.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Nice to see the geordies are as nuts as some of us.

No disrespect Mr. Targett.

Andy Robertson? Matt Targett is a good left back but with all due respect  there are more similarities to Neil Taylor than Robertson 

Edited by gwi1890

Just now, AshVilla said:

Loaning him to them is madness.

Unless our coaching staff believe he is actually shit and enhances their chances in going down.

Tbf he's been pretty abysmal the moment Gerrard went in the door.

Targett did way better without fans, and Newcastle have a massive, energetic crowd.

Targett is a good defender with a very limited game going forward. At times last season he was sublime, interceptions, blocks, tackles, the full English. He doesn’t have the attributes Gerrard needs for his system, but he’s no mug and did a decent job for us in the main. Trust the club to arrange things as well as possible regarding loan/sale situation, but no doubt he’d be an asset to the Geordie head choppers. 

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Targett is a good defender with a very limited game going forward. At times last season he was sublime, interceptions, blocks, tackles, the full English. He doesn’t have the attributes Gerrard needs for his system, but he’s no mug and did a decent job for us in the main. Trust the club to arrange things as well as possible regarding loan/sale situation, but no doubt he’d be an asset to the Geordie head choppers. 

I think at best this season he's been barely competent. And mostly awful. Subbed at half time against a shit team the first game of the season, and rarely improved from there.

We don't really have a backup to Digne if Targett goes. But if he stays, we don't really have a backup to Digne.

Edited by Mazrim

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why the **** are we helping these words removed?  I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss, let alone a solid PL LB that could help keep them up. This is a shocking bit of business. 

We're looking up, not down. If they're desperate and giving us plenty of £ who cares if Targett goes there for a few months.

• Like 1

Why the **** are we helping these words removed?  I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss, let alone a solid PL LB that could help keep them up. This is a shocking bit of business. 

We are exploiting them, that is very different to helping even if helping is an unintended consequence

Are we though? Nothing confirmed yet, few days ago we were nailed on to sign Bentancur.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's a more than competent backup. And I don't want us to do any favours for that lot no matter what. **** em, they should go find another left back.

Villa progress is the most important thing even if it means that Toon benefit. If they offer silly money we should take it

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

I really struggle to comprehend how someone can prefer detriment to another club ahead of progress for Villa. To me Villa success comes ahead of everything else

Well, Villa's success very obviously does not depend on loaning out Matt Targett, don't be ridiculous.

• Like 1

Â