Matt Targett

villan-scott

i'm not buying it whatsoever. unless we're taking them to the cleaners for a loan fee and our FFP is in worse shape than we thought

if it happens, i fully expect us to be getting someone in

Must be a nice loan fee, wages paid in full and an agreed fee at the end if they stay up - who knows, maybe Targett has asked to be able to leave after hearing of the interest and knowing he isn’t rated by Gerrard. Whatever happens it will be on our terms so not sure why the concern of it does happen. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I would really question the hierarchy if we loaned him up there when *should they stay up* they’ll be direct rivals with us.

What makes you think we can compete with them?

Only City can.

Filthy rich oil club and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Must be a nice loan fee, wages paid in full and an agreed fee at the end if they stay up - who knows, maybe Targett has asked to be able to leave after hearing of the interest and knowing he isn’t rated by Gerrard. Whatever happens it will be on our terms so not sure why the concern of it does happen. 

We have no left back cover 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

What makes you think we can compete with them?

Only City can.

Filthy rich oil club and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

I think there’s a massive difference between when city were bought over and how things are now. There’s so many competitive teams in the league now and teams have a lot more money. Everton have spent like 500 million under their owners, managed to attract Carlo Ancelotti and look at where they are now. Money isn’t everything now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We have no left back cover 

We have Ashley Young who won serie a last season playing full back - Ben Chrisene is another though only 18 a big future ahead. hause at a push can cover … Let’s see what happens tomorrow and the terms of any potential deal … 

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think there’s a massive difference between when city were bought over and how things are now. There’s so many competitive teams in the league now and teams have a lot more money. Everton have spent like 500 million under their owners, managed to attract Carlo Ancelotti and look at where they are now. Money isn’t everything now 

Difference is after 500 million they will keep spending another 500 million and another 500 million until they get to where they want.

I'm f***ing pissed about it but it is what it is. Newcastle will become a force, sadly.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Difference is after 500 million they will keep spending another 500 million and another 500 million until they get to where they want.

I'm f***ing pissed about it but it is what it is. Newcastle will become a force, sadly.

Financial fair play 

22 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Didn’t he leave Southampton because he had competition there? Probably the same case here now. Still feel uneasy about it being a loan.. option to buy must be compulsory otherwise makes no sense.

He was always behind Bertrand who was pretty much an England squad regular at that time

Â