Finances 2019/20

kidlewis

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So you do believe it, yet you don't? 😄

I believe it insofar as you can believe hearsay yeah. I can only think of 2 signings out of 12 that might even be close to that figure, so it's believable.

12 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

That reduction in wages can't be right surely? Its like we were having Premier League wages in the Championship, and Championship wages in the Premier League.

If that is correct it shows that we are heading in the right direction in being sustainable, and hopefully successful in the longer term.

I can easily believe it.

2018/19 - we'd have had Richards, Kodija, Kalinic, Elphick, De Laet, McCormack (and paid off his last 12 months), Moreira (for 6 months), Bolasie (for 6 months), Tom Carroll (!), Bunn, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Hogan - to name a lot - who contributed little on the pitch.

Plus we had Jack, McGinn, Chester, Taylor,  Elmo, Conor, Tammy, Axel, Mings, Whelan, Jedi, AEG, Adomah and Hutton who were likely on PL wages who at least contributed.

Plus promotion bonuses!

Some were off on loan, so part of the wages might have been covered, but we had a squad of over 30 who played, plus some kids.
And the wages paid to some of these will be a fair bit more than what we are paying to the  likes of Jota, Samatta, Trez, Engels and Marvellous - in my opinion.