Finances 2019/20

kidlewis

On 14/06/2019 at 07:20, Demitri_C said:

I must admit I am a bit worried if we don't stay up. I just hope this isn't another reckless xia spending spree

Spending always come with a risk but we have to spend...we can't go into this season as we are can we?

IMO, I think our business so far has been very savy for the first time in a long time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How much do we get for staying up now? Surely aren’t hampered too much by FFP now? 

And FFP has been softened for the next 12 months? This could finally be the stroke of luck we have needed for years...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

How much do we get for staying up now? Surely aren’t hampered too much by FFP now? 

We get next season premier league money, rather than EFL money, plus parachute. But there’s not a specific “reward” payment.

14 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

And FFP has been softened for the next 12 months? This could finally be the stroke of luck we have needed for years...

The problem is most other clubs also have the means to spend big too. 

Just now, Genie said:

The problem is most other clubs also have the means to spend big too. 

Not all, Newcastle, Brighton and other teams we can leap ahead of. We probably can’t match the top four clubs but there are many we can look to jump ahead of. I don’t quite understand how “relaxed” FFP is, but if it means our owners can use their financial muscle it could be interesting.

1 minute ago, avfcDJ said:

Not all, Newcastle, Brighton and other teams we can leap ahead of. We probably can’t match the top four clubs but there are many we can look to jump ahead of. I don’t quite understand how “relaxed” FFP is, but if it means our owners can use their financial muscle it could be interesting.

It remains to be seen if the owners want to blow several hundred million on players. Lots of owners can afford too, but choose not to. 
I hope they do btw, but they are businessmen and probably want some kind of return at some point.

Just now, penguin said:

FFP is a joke as City and PSG have repeatedly shown.

The whole thing needs tearing up and starting again.

I agree, as long as money pumped in by owners is a gift, and not a loan then they should be free to do so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It remains to be seen if the owners want to blow several hundred million on players. Lots of owners can afford too, but choose not to. 
I hope they do btw, but they are businessmen and probably want some kind of return at some point.

Yeah I’m not suggesting they will do that, but, they are also here to build something and we won’t do that by standing still. I hope we see some ambition over the next few years and I think we will. The past 12 months put us ahead of where we expected to be, today was good because we can now look ahead and up for the first time in ages. I’m sure they feel the same. 

7 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I wouldn’t underestimate Brighton, fully expecting them to be in the top ten next season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All this FFP talk, I thought they were just rolling the 2 years together so you cant go totally wild? 

It's also just the Uefa FFP not the Premier League one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

They have some good young players to come back from Championship loans too.

Ben White is going to be some player and signing Llalana

Edited by Tommo_b