Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I know he is a Villa player still so assuming that means he will be expected to be reporting back for pre-season, who’s he going to train with… first team, reserved… u21’s? 

Such a shame how that Burnley game affectively ended what could’ve been a promising career. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, valengull said:

Hi all,

Season over now and I guess Wesley will be on his way back to you guys. Overall, he did well and contributed well with a few goals and assists, and became a bit of a cult hero. Would happily take him on a free for the next season but he'd have to vastly reduce his wages from what he's getting at Villa, which probably isn't in his interest if he still has a year or whatever on his contract. Can't see him fitting into how you're playing under Emery and he's unfortunately not capable of playing to that level after the injury.

Been a pleasure chatting and best of luck for next season. If you manage to get Pau Torres he'll be a great signing for you!

I think everyone here wants him to find a place where he can resurrect his career, and I hope that's with you guys.

I think he'd be more open to a move than you suggest. There's nothing about his rise as a footballer that would suggest to me that he'd be content with turning up and taking a wage.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I think everyone here wants him to find a place where he can resurrect his career, and I hope that's with you guys.

I think he'd be more open to a move than you suggest. There's nothing about his rise as a footballer that would suggest to me that he'd be content with turning up and taking a wage.

If he's fine taking a wage cut, it's just a case of Villa agreeing to cut his contract short a year or extending the loan until the end of next season. Either way, he's a great option for us with Soldado most likely retiring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, valengull said:

If he's fine taking a wage cut, it's just a case of Villa agreeing to cut his contract short a year or extending the loan until the end of next season. Either way, he's a great option for us with Soldado most likely retiring.

I would imagine we'll have most likely given up hope in getting much return for him, under the circumstances.

Another loan might make sense, though. See if he can recapture form. Either way, hope he can benefit you guys.

Edited by HKP90

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t help but feel sorry for this guy…

Comments are damning…

What are we going to do with him?

P.S. 

F off Ben Mee 😡

Dunno but that Levante kit is mint. Put a Villa badge on the front and it would work for us no bother.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t help but feel sorry for this guy…

Comments are damning…

What are we going to do with him?

P.S. 

F off Ben Mee 😡

Will be loaned out for the final year of his contract to some backwater team, then released.

Or if we go completely left field, he might just be paid up for the final year of his contract al-a McCormack.

• Like 1

It’s such a shame… even before he signed for us, he was seen as a prospect and the likes of Lazio were interested in him. He had ability and scored goals while at Brugge (played in CL too) at least and arguably showed some promise (and goals) for us too…

Disregarding, for a moment, whether or not he would have had a future here… it’s sad how such a wretched excuse for a tackle (shithead completely got away with it too!) injured him so badly and caused so much damage, a long lay off and long road to recovery. It’s affected him badly, even if people didn’t rate him before, he’s not the same player as before that injury…

It’s not his fault that his career has stalled and regressed so severely…

Will always wish him well and luck… hope he can settle and enjoy himself somewhere…

• Like 2

On 04/12/2019 at 21:28, DCJonah said:

Honestly think he'd struggle in the championship. Wouldn't currently want to keep him if we go down 

Just looking back through this thread. 

I felt this way before his injury. I know it was a bad one but I didn't see anything in him before it. I don't think he'd have made it in this league.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just looking back through this thread. 

I felt this way before his injury. I know it was a bad one but I didn't see anything in him before it. I don't think he'd have made it in this league.

I felt this way before the injury.

On 08/12/2019 at 15:38, R.Bear said:

Bosko Balaban should be relieved. Wesley has taken the coveted "worst signing in Villa history" award 🏆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I felt this way before the injury.

Bosko Balaban would have killed for a 6 goals in 26 games Villa record

Stan Collymore 7 goals in 45 Villa games was arguably even worse

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Obviously extenuating circumstances behind Collymore's ratio but it always surprises me how low that ratio is. After all, Milosevic scored 12 in the league in his first season and was considered a flop. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is it just goals that matter? Performances irrelevant?

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Is it just goals that matter? Performances irrelevant?

He was still better than Balaban and Collymore not to mention McCormack, Samatta and Hogan. Probably a few more duds can throw in there

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was still better than Balaban and Collymore not to mention McCormack, Samatta and Hogan. Probably a few more duds can throw in there

He wasn't though was he.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He wasn't though was he.

He really was, I can think of 20 worse Villa players off the top of my head than Wesley and that's just from the last decade

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He really was, I can think of 20 worse Villa players off the top of my head than Wesley and that's just from the last decade

Oh, yes please. List.

Wes couldn't kick the ball.

Â