Jose Antonio Reyes

Jimzk5

Seville have announce ex arsenal player Jose Antonio Reyes has been killed in a car crash aged 35

More to follow 

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Sad 4

Just awful, I have fond memories of him playing for Sevilla back in 2001-2003, he was a really outstanding young player with superb ability, didn't quite hit the heights at Arsenal but certainly showed glimpses of what he could do there.

Appears he's cousin was also killed, a third person is in hospital

Daily mail showing pictures of an upturned car in a roadside ditch on fire.

He was part of the invincibles squad, the first Spaniard to win the Premier league, never hit the heights expected in England but he won the league with real Madrid scoring the winner to win the title, also won europa league twice with sevilla.

Very sad news, RIP

44 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

the first Spaniard to win the Premier league, 

That surprised me when i heard that earlier. 

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

That surprised me when i heard that earlier. 

And me because when I said in the deadpool thread I thought he was a great player who unfortunately was a bit overshadowed by their world class players one of the players I meant was Fabregas 

35 year old man, 3 children.

I have drove like a maniac in my time, I used to drive like an absolute Representative for Wellingborough. Even though I don't have kids I naturally grew out of it.

I see it all the time still, grown men driving like teenagers. What possesses them? Such a waste, such a selfish act.

• Like 1

I have to say, when I felt initially sad here, it was under the assumption - a very naive one, I suppose, given we're talking about a footballer here - that it was an *accident*, rather than *utterly reckless driving* that had happened, and frankly it changes my perspective quite a lot. We're absolutely plagued by people driving like idiots in my area. My road, which is less than 400 metres long, contains a church which frequently has lots of parked cars and old biddies, and also a sort of wacky warehouse type thing for small kids, and despite this there's constantly idiots flooring it like Lewis Hamilton. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â