The Squad 2019/2020

omariqy

Capture.PNG.94808c4e4389b79d571f3ec5a6c9fe46.PNG

Need players. Absolutely minimum 3 starters, DM and 2 CBs. Ideally 5 new starters from here. If we're really pushing it 6/7, Lansbury and Hourihane will have to improve a lot to get by in the PL.

I don't think anyone we currently own that I've missed off will make more that 3 appearances for us this season. Bree snuck on as we're so short.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Need players. Absolutely minimum 3 starters, DM and 2 CBs. Ideally 5 new starters from here. If we're really pushing it 6/7, Lansbury and Hourihane will have to improve a lot to get by in the PL.

I don't think anyone we currently own that I've missed off will make more that 3 appearances for us this season. Bree snuck on as we're so short.

There's no reason not to put Jota as starting RW and Hause CB. Additions would be welcome but people are criminally underrating these two. On Hourihane I agree he's not a DM for me. If must I'd play him behind striker with AEG and Grealish on wings if no Jota. Lansbury never impressed me

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Butland 20m

Cahill free

Philips 20m

Mings 12m

and I think we’re there until January, think BB will be good enough to cover in the premier holding or wing like he does for Iceland, plus Green can cover left or right wing. Would like a couple more but not greedy and I think we would hold our own for a few months at least. 

40 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Butland 20m

Cahill free

Philips 20m

Mings 12m

and I think we’re there until January, think BB will be good enough to cover in the premier holding or wing like he does for Iceland, plus Green can cover left or right wing. Would like a couple more but not greedy and I think we would hold our own for a few months at least. 

BB is trash and Dean Smith clearly thinks so and even Bruce didn't much trust him at DM after Burton almost ran us over at home. He can do a wonderful through ball and then give away possession with a rubbish pass the next 20 times. 

Cahill is an absolute non runner IMO and nothing but lazy journalism

Edited by Kiwivillan

It seems about 99% of us are all in agreement with the position we need filled and the order of priority, which makes me think it would be astounding if the boarded didn't have similar thoughts, which gives me hope that more are to come, in those positions, and soon!

On 05/07/2019 at 00:41, Tomaszk said:

I get the feeling we might not sign as many as you think and we'll try and develop some of the youth (Revan/Ramsey etc) and that Jota might be the starting RW with Green getting minutes to aid his development. Definitely think CBs will be incoming though, after starting last season horribly short in defence it would be ridiculous to do so again.

3 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I get the feeling we might not sign as many as you think and we'll try and develop some of the youth (Revan/Ramsey etc) and that Jota might be the starting RW with Green getting minutes to aid his development. Definitely think CBs will be incoming though, after starting last season horribly short in defence it would be ridiculous to do so again.

No problem with Jota starting, good player. There's plenty of chat about another wide man though and I can see one being signed as a nailed on starter, Jota more cover for both wings and Grealish maybe as well.

Green wasn't good enough for the Championship or League One. If he's making appearances something will have gone disastrously wrong in summer recruitment. Or Green has improved by 500%.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Green wasn't good enough for the Championship or League One. If he's making appearances something will have gone disastrously wrong in summer recruitment. Or Green has improved by 500%.

I'd rather we signed someone too, however I think that might be January or next summer as (rumoured) prices appear to very high and we can't do everything at once and there's other areas 2x CB and DM that need sorting first. Hopefully we have money to cover all needed positions or can find more bargains.  I've not seen any links to Green going out on loan or anything (but still early) that's why I'm guessing they'll try and develop him.

On 05/07/2019 at 07:56, Kiwivillan said:

BB is trash and Dean Smith clearly thinks so

How so?

I have not seen anything to suggest this.

I think he could offer a good back up somewhere in that midfield even at PL level.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

How so?

I have not seen anything to suggest this.

I think he could offer a good back up somewhere in that midfield even at PL level.

Loses possession to easily and misplaced passes. I would get rid. He's a jack of all trades and master of none and that's being generous

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Loses possession to easily and misplaced passes. I would get rid. He's a jack of all trades and master of none and that's being generous

How do you know Dean Smith thinks the same as you though?

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lack of appearances back from injury

Still not enough for me to suggest he is written off yet. There is worse here still than BB.

Again, I've not heard or seen DS write any of them off either like you claim - wether it's based on lack of appearances after injury or being out on loan all season.

We need to strengthen our back five, which includes GK. Getting a DM in will also strengthen the back five unit. We need another attacking midfielder which can play on the right. I’d also like us to get another striker in. So that’s another five players I think we could do with . GK,CB, DM, WR, CF.

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We need to strengthen our back five, which includes GK. Getting a DM in will also strengthen the back five unit. We need another attacking midfielder which can play on the right. I’d also like us to get another striker in. So that’s another five players I think we could do with . GK,CB, DM, WR, CF.

You're not wrong Ruge. I agree.

I would like some experience within that five if possible.

Â