The Squad 2019/2020

omariqy

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s why we need another winger and striker . Send Davis and possibly Green out on loan .

yeah, think we agree. Just that we need those players in first before we loan anyone out. And I was looking at our current squad. Here's hoping we get more in soon!

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Agree we need a better 1st or 2nd keeper. Steer has done enough for either. Please no Heaton. He really declined last season if you watched Burnley games when he came back from injury

Burnley already have Pope who is edging to be their number 1. From what I’ve read Burnley fans think Heaton will be a good signing for us. 

Just now, jimcohen said:

yeah, think we agree. Just that we need those players in first before we loan anyone out. And I was looking at our current squad. Here's hoping we get more in soon!

Isn’t this Trezeguet a winger? I think we are close to signing him. Not sure we can rely on Kodjia as back up for Wes either . 

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Burnley already have Pope who is edging to be their number 1. From what I’ve read Burnley fans think Heaton will be a good signing for us. 

Pope is already #1 he was until he dislocated his shoulder last July and they didn't rush him back. Wow nice of Burnley fans. Heaton's a cast off and they know he's deteriorated. Was injured beginning of last season too hence Hart was brought in. Personally I don't want Burnley cast offs. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Isn’t this Trezeguet a winger? I think we are close to signing him. Not sure we can rely on Kodjia as back up for Wes either . 

We are close to signing Trezeguet and Webster Phillips Heaton Butland Maupay Benrahma Nakamba Rongier Santamaria Sturridge Cahill Borini.

I'm sure I've missed a few 

Edited by Kiwivillan

25 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He is yes. On the right. AM of sorts.

Wes, *New Str*, Kodja. I think is what we need up front. We won't need 4 strikers if we only play 1 up top most of the season.

10 minutes ago, AXD said:

I still do not understand why people have written off Kalinic. Going into the season with Kalinic and Steer battling for the spot is fine by me. We still have nyland as well, who I would loan out or sell (3 players for 1 spot might create frustrations)

In Deano we trust on Kalinic. All the rumblings suggest we're looking for a keeper and Steer has just signed a new contract after taking the No.1 Jersey off Kalinic, saving penalties to get us up and all that. Can't see Kalinic kicking around as a No.2 or 3 and maybe he just doesn't 'fit' for whatever reason.

DMC the priority for me now - we just don't have one unless we count Tshibola and JDH which it's hard to do seriously. I think we need 2 myself in an ideal world.
CB - right sided to replace Axel is obviously needed.
Winger - I assume we'll go into the season with 4 - AEG/Jota/Green/?????

4 positions I don't think we're upgrading yet, we just don't have the numbers yet. After that, GK - upgrade on Kalinic/Nyland. ST - Upgrade on Hogan. Another winger - upgrade on Green. Another CB - upgrade on Chester and so on is how I see them. Less bothered about the likes of Kodjia than them in the squad.

If we spend big again it should be on a DMC and potentially a GK imo.

What can we do with Bree, Hogan, Tshibola, BB and Lansbury? Will Kalinic go?

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We are close to signing Trezeguet and Webster Phillips Heaton Butland Maupay Benrahma Nakamba Rongier Santamaria Sturridge Cahill Borini.

I'm sure I've missed a few 

I disagree.

We only need 5.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I disagree.

We only need 5.

Obviously you ignoring my facetious post that every rumour that we're trying to signing player X is most likely a made up rumour

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Obviously you ignoring my facetious post that every rumour that we're trying to signing player X is most likely a made up rumour

Meh, I would say there is legs to some of those names to be fair.

I.e Trezeguet might our 1st choice, if he fails then we go after Benrahma.  Butland option A. Failing that Tom Heaton is option B. Etc. Is how I think it's going.

The press are just leaping onto anything they can but even they have as much clue as we do as to what and how and when we are doing our business and for whom.

It's a steady but satisfying transfer window so far..

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Meh, I would say there is legs to some of those names to be fair.

I.e Trezeguet might our 1st choice, if he fails then we go after Benrahma.  Butland option A. Failing that Tom Heaton is option B. Etc. Is how I think it's going.

The press are just leaping onto anything they can but even they have as much clue as we do as to what and how and when we are doing our business and for whom.

It's a steady but satisfying transfer window so far..

Trezeguet looks junk. Benrahma I like. No way we're in for Heaton. Honestly I think most of the rumours are Villa could do with player in this position. Let's pick a random one that sounds believable

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

They're all junk. There's Irish internationals I wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Birkir is about as good as Brett Holman was

What have Irish internationals got to do with anything? Lost me there...

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Phenomenally better. Elmo was hugely influential in our 10 game unbeaten streak and Hause looked so comfortable once he found his feet I'd be comfortable with him starting at CB. 

Edit: oh you said bar Elmo and Hause. Apologies. I agree with all you said

Nah. Hause always has an error in him and that was at Championship level. Needs to be 4th choice at most.

Â