The Squad 2019/2020

omariqy

5 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Can I suggest that this thread is attached to the Player departures 2019 thread, and then attached to the Contracts thread, so everyone can see who is still at Aston Villa and also who has joined and who is about to leave!!

You mean you want to see who's in, who's out and who's about to be shaken all about? 

Okey cokey 

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Updated squad below. Still need a GK, 2 x CBs, DM, RM and possibly another ST and CM

GK

Steer, Kalinic, Nyland

RB

Guilbert, Elmo, Bree

LB

Targett, Taylor

CB

Chester, Hause

RM

Jota

LM

El Ghazi, Green

CM

Grealish, Hourihane, McGinn, Thor, Lansbury, Tshibola

CF

Wesley, Kodjia, Davis, RHM, Hogan

If we bring in another half a dozen players, it’ll mean around five of those names above aren’t going to be in the squad (it’s still 25 players for a top flight squad, right?).

The ones from that lot whom I’m expecting won’t be in the squad one way or another are Kalinic, Bree, Thor, Tshibola, RHM and Hogan. Probably Nyland too, although I feel like Kalinic is closer to the exit door.

• Like 1

Tish, Hogan, Nyland all seen in training, as is Chester. Good to see him looking fit. Wonder if his body is up for some proper football? Surely some outs and loans out as well as ins to come over the coming weeks. Hopefully sooner rather than later so we can cement the squad feel asap. Must be weird for players who turn up knowing they wont be playing at the club. Coaches must know it too and pay them less attention. Just get rid asap.  I find it odd that all clubs take so long to get business done. But there are so many variables and it relys so much on other teams getting their preferred choices etc. Either way, I predict 12 more ins and outs permanent and loans  from our first team squad before this is all over. 7 more in, 5 more out. Would be a summer total of 17 out (Bunn, Hutton, RDL, Richards, Elphick, Tuanzebe, Whelen, Jedinak,  AA, GG, RMc, TA plus the 5 below)  including loans ending and 12 in including loans signing (Guilbert, Hause, Jota, ElGhazi, Wesley and the 7 below).  Squad down 5 in total but of course Tish, RDL, RMC, GG Richards barely touched the sides before. Busy times ahead!

In GK, CB, CB, DCM, CM, RW, ST (hopefully Butland, Webster, Mings, ?,?,?,? but all need to be very good, two need to be starters)

Out loan - ST (RHM)

Out - GK, CM, CM, ST (Kalinic, Thor, Tish, Hogan)

That leaves us legal squad of 25, 3 x GK , then with two in every other position without needing kids, Bree as extra cover at the back, Davis as a wild card off the bench in the odd game. 

On 09/06/2019 at 17:10, Vive_La_Villa said:

My first team prediction for the opening game is currently: 

Steer

Guilbert 

Mcginn, Grealish 

El Ghazi

Add to that:

Steer

Guilbert, Targett

Jota, McGin, Grealish, El Ghazi

Wesley

• Like 1

Another quiet day on the transfer front, so as it stands I could see our line up v's Spurs something like;

Steer

Guilbert   Chester    Hause     Targett

Hourihane

Elmo     Grealish       McGinn      El Ghazi

Wesley

Subs; Nyland, Bree, Taylor, Lansbury, Jota, Green, Kodjia.

Full on Steve Bruce mode with Elmo RM, but looks to be having a great summer with Egypt, but even if you change him for Jota/Green, we still look very short of quality at this stage.

Any signings from here on in I hope are ones that will improve the first eleven or it will be a long season.

I am sure Dean and the staff had two plans based on the outcomes of going up or not going up.

I am sure (hope) there are more players to come in. Obviously there are one or two that we would love to come back to us, but the important task in this coming season is to survive and not "do a Fulham". Lets trust Dean and the staff to get the players that they have identified as right for Villa, there must be loads of activity behind the scenes negotiating deals and transfers that we are completely unaware of.

Regards to all

Del

6 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Another quiet day on the transfer front, so as it stands I could see our line up v's Spurs something like;

I am hoping for:

Butland

Elmo    Tuanzebe    Mings    Targett

Phillips

Trezeguet     Grealish   McGinn    El Ghazi

Wesley

Subs; Steer, Guilbert, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Jota, Leoa.

If we can start with that team, there or thereabouts, then I will be thrilled.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I am hoping for:

Butland

Elmo    Tuanzebe    Mings    Targett

Phillips

Trezeguet     Grealish   McGinn    El Ghazi

Wesley

Subs; Steer, Guilbert, Chester, Taylor, Hourihane, Jota, Leoa.

If we can start with that team, there or thereabouts, then I will be thrilled.

Leoa on the bench, we are going to have a stellar window! I’d be delighted with that Andy. 

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Leoa on the bench, we are going to have a stellar window! I’d be delighted with that Andy. 

It was a tough one Dave.. all these potential exciting players.. that allows us to be versatile and play in all different exciting ways...

Â