Would you pass your driving test now?

b6bloke

If you had to take your driving test now, do you think you would:  

34 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to take your driving test now, do you think you would:

• Pass
    • Fail

Being honest, I doubt very much that I would - Whilst I like to think of myself as a fairly safe driver, I think I have picked up too many bad habits over the 20 years I have been driving - May I just add that during these 20 years I have not had one single accident

I would pass. That's not to say the habits I've picked up and use on a daily basis would pass, they wouldn't. But if I had to sit the test I'd be able to regress back to that standard for the 15 minutes required.

yeah a doddle

I'm a very good driver ...even to the point where I can anticipate the bad move that the car in front of me is about to make (the clue is if they have a bay on board sticker :-) )

only thing i woudl fail me test on is excessive speed , but I'd know to keep it down for the test , same way I do when I see a speed camera or drive up to known police sneaky hide out behind a tree spots

I actually remember having passed the examiner saying to me ..Well done , now go out and learn how to drive properly for the real world ..tells you all you need to know really

I would pass. That's not to say the habits I've picked up and use on a daily basis would pass, they wouldn't. But if I had to sit the test I'd be able to regress back to that standard for the 15 minutes required.

But the test lasts 40 minutes...

i learnt more about driving in the 3 months after passing my test than in the 30-odd lessons i had taken to pass.

my instructer once said "your not supposed to turn right here, but do it anyway"

I took 3 attempts to pass my car licence at 17-18,

I took 3 attempts to pass my a1 heavy bike licence.

But other than 1 non fault rta on my bike - no fault accidents since, ooh, frankly I cant remember. Its the bike one that really sticks with me. The tester isnt going to pass you if he thinks your unsafe, no matter how prissilly you ride.

Oh, and 9 years dealing with motor claims for a big insurer makes doubly sure I know where danger is coming from.

I am not complacent. I couldnt claim to "handle" a car on the limit. Indeed I recognise I am a little heavy on the crontrols but I do recognise my shortcomings, exspecially attention span, and work on it. I am a bad "driver" but a good motorist.

I wager I am safer behind a wheel than most of you, as riding a bike kicks the speed need out of the system early on, and my observation skills are excellent. On a track, I am poor, on a road, I ma better thanmost who will post here. But its because I have in the last 5 years expreienced the vunerability of being on a bike along with the aftermath of fatal and serious accidents.

Easily.

Going to a comment tony made...

My instructor had me doing 90mph in a 50, he said Id rather you knew how to handle a car at speed now than learn the hard way.

Top bloke.

My instructor had me doing pretty much the same thing, I was shitting myself at the time but he did me a big favour in hindsight.

I think everyone should be forced to ride a motorbike for a year before they're allowed to go out in a car - you learn a hell of a lot more about potential dangers and clearings in the woods making stupid manouvres when riding a bike.

Â