Match Thread: Villa v Millwall

limpid

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sometimes very frustrating how we have a wide open option going through the middle in space, but will almost always choose to spread it wide.

Noticed the same, especially since that great Grealish tackle. Just play it back. Grealish and McGinn were both free in the middle going forward, would have been dangerous. Instead Adomah waited for Elmohamady and played it out wide. Details perhaps, but still.. 

We seem to have this one in the bag. Just keep it up, boys. 

Edited by Hitz left foot

Just now, Michelsen said:

The only complaint I can have is that we’re not already out of sight. There is no reason for this to be a nervy final 10 minutes of the game. We are way better than them.

agreed we need a couple of early goals second half , get the job done and then rest some 

No complaints from me. We are looking in very good shape for double digit victories and as Rob said, sending me to bed happy!

Have to say, excuse me if it's not allowed, but had my first experience using AVTV. Absolutely perfect viewing and money to the club.

• Like 1

Good first half, good passing, good defending, great interceptions, keep it up Villa.

Honestly the squad is unrecognizable from what they were before, Smith and co have done a grand job.

If we lost the playoffs, I still couldn't complain with how far we've come Smith has my back for next season for sure regardless of what happens..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hitz left foot said:

Noticed the same, especially since that great Grealish tackle. Just play it back. Grealish and McGinn were both free in the middle going forward, would have been dangerous. Instead Adomah waited for Elmohamady and played it out wide. Details perhaps, but still.. 

We seem to have this one in the bag. Just keep it up, boys. 

We also have a habit of squeezing it into one side, when we have options open to switch to the other side.

That being said, i'm sure it is much easier for me to sit here and say all that from my chair. lol

Perhaps there is some method to the madness.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, A'Villan said:

No complaints from me. We are looking in very good shape for double digit victories and as Rob said, sending me to bed happy!

Have to say, excuse me if it's not allowed, but had my first experience using AVTV. Absolutely perfect viewing and money to the club.

Can you use AVTV in UK or are you using abroad, if so I'll get it myself and are all games on AVTV??

cheers for any info..

I think we're playing fairly conservatively, we're well in control. As others have said, we seem to go out wide when we've got some room in the middle.

Kodjia probably should have done better with that ball where he was past the defenders, but overall we've been really solid.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Can you use AVTV in UK or are you using abroad, if so I'll get it myself and are all games on AVTV??

cheers for any info..

Sorry, but I think its just for us Johnny Foreigners.

Millwall have come to park the bus and we are doing exactly what we have to do in being patient, drawing them out and exploiting the space which is precisely what happened for the goal.  It is good to see that for a long time we know look like a team capable of being able to break down stubborn defences at home and that dates back to the MON era!

Edited by New_Hope
  • Like 1