The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

9 minutes ago, Xann said:

The words removed that led the nation down the garden path over a number of elections.need the BBC neutralised, that's why it's been nobbled.

Don't finish the job for them. Don't get outmanoeuvred again.

Don't just fall into the next trap, after the double dose of Brexit and its PM.

The BBC needs an enema to shift the Tory turds out of its system, not an executioner.

A new entrance system is being formulated now. The guy in charge is also quite busy with the BBC's redistribution of resources out of London. Salford wasn't a one off, BBC Birmingham is expanding too.

Yep, we are getting Master Chef for the £1billion the Midlands gives in license  fees. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Looks likely.

Not surprising. Would likely trickle all the way down. Nobody would wanna touch this. Highlights without commentary is not unprecedented but would feel very odd. No tone. Can’t generate excitement. The visual would do me fine but on tv - it just doesn’t work. 

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

I assume they could just use the global PL feeds that we all watch on our dodgy trickles for the highlights if they have to.

Could do but there is pride in these shows, there is tradition - you cannot swap out MOTD for highlights. 

The BBC can’t afford to let this drag on. They’ll need to nip it in the bud ones way or the other pretty sharpish. If it gets to the stage of PL players and managers boycotting them, won’t be good for them. 

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I assume they could just use the global PL feeds that we all watch on our dodgy trickles for the highlights if they have to.

I don’t know, but I guess there would be a license issue about using the footage from another broadcaster?

I genuinely don’t know, but I would have thought that while the Beeb have rights to show football, they can’t just use anyone’s footage.

Plus, someone has to edit this all together into a show. Now I guess they could just bring another team to do that. But which production team? One of the other sports shows presumably but how far does professional solidarity extend?

Are the football focus team (if they’re different personnel) going to be happy to replace their colleagues?

12 minutes ago, Giro said:

Don’t know if I speak for everyone but I think lineker is a great presenter 

Well it's all subjective but for me there are more accomplished ones; David Jones on Sky, Pougatch, Gabby Logan, Balding, Hazel Irvine. With Lineker it just seems a lot more obvious that he's reading off an autocue, but I'll admit my judgement of him is clouded by my annoyance at him not being able to sit still in his **** chair!

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

The BBC can’t afford to let this drag on. They’ll need to nip it in the bud ones way or the other pretty sharpish. If it gets to the stage of PL players and managers boycotting them, won’t be good for them. 

They can't, they are contractually obliged by the PL to do interviews

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I don’t know, but I guess there would be a license issue about using the footage from another broadcaster?

I genuinely don’t know, but I would have thought that while the Beeb have rights to show football, they can’t just use anyone’s footage.

Plus, someone has to edit this all together into a show. Now I guess they could just bring another team to do that. But which production team? One of the other sports shows presumably but how far does professional solidarity extend?

Are the football focus team (if they’re different personnel) going to be happy to replace their colleagues?

I would assume they can pay sky to use their commentary and can hire commercial production teams. 

However there may be a show of solidarity away from the BBC too. Might find no one to make the show at all m

The BBC Union has already been making noises about this. Could this end in an all out BBC strike? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

They can't, they are contractually obliged by the PL to do interviews

seeing a fair bit on twitter about players boycotting their MOTD media duties with the PFA involved to help with the fines

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, will87 said:

Well it's all subjective but for me there are more accomplished ones; David Jones on Sky, Pougatch, Gabby Logan, Balding, Hazel Irvine. With Lineker it just seems a lot more obvious that he's reading off an autocue, but I'll admit my judgement of him is clouded by my annoyance at him not being able to sit still in his **** chair!

I think he’s decent. If it did become a situation where the post became vacant if im the BBC, im making an insane offer to Kelly Cates . I think herself and Lineker are the 2 best anchors in football. David Jones is good too. 

Edited by Johnnyp

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I'm pretty sure the BBC only send their own cameras to a few games e.g. for the games that were on Sky or BT, Match of the Day just use the same coverage but with their own commentary over the top and the BBC do games that weren't live on British TV.  The international feed is based on the same coverage.  At least that's the way it used to be done.  It would be interesting if BBC cameramen refused to turn up so games weren't covered at all.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I know a lot of people views on this ultimately seem to be following political views / alliances but I think this has shades of the palace racism row in that it could have been resolved quickly but has been handled badly by both sides .

the BBC have spoken to Lineker before , he seems to be unrepentant and has dug in , the BBC have been left between a bit of a rock and a hard place and eventually decided to act , possibly due to political pressure possibly to show Lineker and others who is in charge .

Lineker can’t really come back now , someone has to climb down and I don’t see it happening .

This is bollocks. The BBC aren't between a rock and a hard place. The whole thing is a farce and it's a farce that's only coming from one very obvious direction. You seem inclined to make excuses for them though.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm pretty sure the BBC only send their own cameras to a few games e.g. for the games that were on Sky or BT, Match of the Day just use the same coverage but with their own commentary over the top and the BBC do games that weren't live on British TV.  The international feed is based on the same coverage.  At least that's the way it used to be done.  It would be interesting if BBC cameramen refused to turn up so games weren't covered at all.

pretty sure there wouldn't be 2 sets of cameras at PL games? surely all footage is just the official PL footage?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He’s absolutely right too, it’s not hyperbole. They can. I watched Villa - Palace last week on Optus sport. No studio. It picked up the commentary from just before kick off and the start of the second half from an international commentary feed. But…….just thinking - why would commentators on an international feed give permission for the BBC to use their commentary if their own commentary took this stance ? Surely, it’s the same for them. They won’t want to be associated with them either. The BBC underestimated the trickle down effect this would have. 

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 1

Â