Racism Part two

Demitri_C

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Both a dangerous Ideology though. How many people have been killed under Communist regimes!

If you want to pretend that the BLM protests are a communist uprising, that's on you! Or, you could look at the actual point of the protests.

I mean, I haven't heard one person actually say they want to overthrow capitalism and that's what they're protesting about. Sure, some people at the BLM marches definitely do feel like that, but the protests themselves are obviously not about that. Is this what you tell yourself to disengage from what they're saying? Toppling the statue of a slave trader doesn't equal communism, for example.

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

Because of the claim that the only charges brought against the "counter protesters" (yeah, admittedly mostly far right fascist pricks) opposing the BLM protesters would be a bit of vandalism. It's not just everyone having a nice time with a bit of spray paint and the odd statue toppling. If those videos turn out to not have occurred this weekend I apologise for just taking it at face value, but the 60 odd police injuries last weekend further support that.

I'm not saying both sides are the same, but I also don't think violence should be swept under the rug from the side you consider to be correct.

Question here, did we see scenes of violence like this before the fascists showed up? I certainly haven't. The most I saw was scuffles with the police (and one amusingly crashing into a street light). London had thousands of people demonstrate and there were about a dozen arrests. The police chief had this to say about them:

"We understand peoples' passion to come and let their voice be heard, they protested largely without incident,"

"Our officers have been professional and very restrained but there was a smaller group intent on violence towards police officers."

A tiny minority of protesters out of thousands getting violent with the police isn't the same as literal fascists who came specifically to incite and participate in violence. I know you're not suggesting both sides are the same but I'm not sure what else highlighting isolated incidents functionally accomplishes? (There's also the issue of labelling everyone who participateds in BLM protests as "far left", but that's another discussion I guess).

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

If you want to pretend that the BLM protests are a communist uprising, that's on you! Or, you could look at the actual point of the protests.

I mean, I haven't heard one person actually say they want to overthrow capitalism and that's what they're protesting about. Sure, some people at the BLM marches definitely do feel like that, but the protests themselves are obviously not about that. Is this what you tell yourself to disengage from what they're saying? Toppling the statue of a slave trader doesn't equal communism, for example.

Not saying that at all. I disagreed with the protests last week purely on health grounds. I'm sure 99% of the marchers are doing it for the right  reasons. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not saying that at all. I disagreed with the protests last week purely on health grounds. I'm sure 99% of the marchers are doing it for the right  reasons. 

What percentage of today's marchers do you reckon were doing it for the right reasons?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely bizarre series of videos in this thread where far right types claim that they got beaten up by Wrexham fans:

I’ve been watching these for hours but decided not to post as it is difficult to verify and really only encourages people.

But then, on a juvenile level, some of them are quite funny.

(desolation is often very good, if a bit chippy)

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

What percentage of today's marchers do you reckon were doing it for the right reasons?

You might as well ask him whats the lottery numbers for next week. Its a impossible question to answer.

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Just now, PaulC said:

1% I dunno

I'm in pretty close agreement with those percentages! Seems like we might not want to 'both sides' this issue then.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

You might as well ask him whats the lottery numbers for next week. Its a impossible question to answer.

I would much rather know the lottery numbers 

• Haha 1

Â