Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, brommy said:

This call you received - were they claiming some kind of ITK status or were they honest enough to state they'd simply noticed Tyrone's social media update?

He didn't say....but the person in question, is not the sort to purposely spook me, but he was obviously told duff info.....He did call me back to say it is was duff.....but it was common knowledge by then.

Social Media for you.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

He didn't say....but the person in question, is not the sort to purposely spook me, but he was obviously told duff info.....He did call me back to say it is was duff.....but it was common knowledge by then.

Social Media for you.

Possible your guy was contacted by someone else who saw Ty's social, assumed incorrectly and then began passing it on. I suspect that would cover 95% of ITKs behaviour!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Segundo said:

It's not so much about having that fear, which is natural. It's about how you get from a simple photo with a promise of an update to somehow concluding that your fearing the worst must have come true.  That's quite the assumption.     

it didn't conclude that the fear must have come true, it was just further speculation/worry/concern to the fear that some of us already had. and that did not warrent the childish insults that were thrown around on here IMO, any more than they're not warranted when people express concern when a top player is rumoured to be leaving, or we go 1-0 down in a match.

the point being that people who are, shall we say, thicker skinned do have a tendancy to act a bit high and mighty (not including you personally) that they weren't as phased about negative rumours around villa and belittle those that are. we're all passionate about the club/manager/certain players and some react to rumours/speculation differently to others, irrespective of where said rumours originated from

• Like 3

Having just caught up on this latest escapade from Tyrone, I can safely say I was worried and then relieved, and then I forgot about it all day while I was working and now I’ve just remembered, and I’m pleased. 

Glad to see him recovering well. It will be a magnificent moment when he lifts the Europa League trophy at the end of the season. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it didn't conclude that the fear must have come true, it was just further speculation/worry/concern to the fear that some of us already had. and that did not warrent the childish insults that were thrown around on here IMO, any more than they're not warranted when people express concern when a top player is rumoured to be leaving, or we go 1-0 down in a match.

the point being that people who are, shall we say, thicker skinned do have a tendancy to act a bit high and mighty (not including you personally) that they weren't as phased about negative rumours around villa and belittle those that are. we're all passionate about the club/manager/certain players and some react to rumours/speculation differently to others, irrespective of where said rumours originated from

Some posters were wishing him well in retirement and speculating on how the club should keep him on in some capacity.  Like it was done and dusted.  No childish insults from me, just said I'd be concerned about my outlook if I had come to such negative conclusions from so little.  And I genuinely would. Pedant alert, it's fazed, not phased.      

11 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Having just caught up on this latest escapade from Tyrone, I can safely say I was worried and then relieved, and then I forgot about it all day while I was working and now I’ve just remembered, and I’m pleased. 

Glad to see him recovering well. It will be a magnificent moment when he lifts the Europa League trophy at the end of the season. 

Is he moving to a team playing in that competition? 

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, TRO said:

Social Media for you.

such is life eh.

I guess, when we live in a world, where the truth is not always readily available, to everyone....anything goes.

Anyway, lies travel quicker than the truth.

sad indictment, I suspect.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Because we're not in the Europa League

Part of me wants us to be in the Europa League next year as it is a competition that we have never won.

The other 99.9% of me thinks Bring on the CL !!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Part of me wants us to be in the Europa League next year as it is a competition that we have never won.

The other 99.9% of me thinks Bring on the CL !!!

Yeah, CL is just irresistible.

• 2 weeks later...
Â