Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm getting almost as angry reading through our own "fans" opinions in this thread as I was last night at the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen in football. Mings was colossal tonight as he so often is. Why are people after a scapegoat instead of blaming the officials? Because Targett is playing well now so not him anymore?

There is no mistake from Mings. Looking at this replay it's not even a bad touch considering the only nearby opponent is coming back from a mile offside.

And if it needs to be repeated again: Rodri did not receive the ball from Mings, he was tackled.

Mings has only said that in hindsight he should've cleared it because that's with the hindsight that the referee is a corrupt, incompetent, or both piece of shit, not because he made an error.

Why should Mings have just headed or hoofed the ball aimlessly up pitch to give away possession when we've been under immense pressure for most of the match? We're not managed by Steve Bruce anymore.

Absolutely Spot on.

Shame I cant like a post more than once. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Why should Mings have to make a rushed clearance because of a player that's offside?

Surely that means an inactive player is giving an advantage to Man City.

Ex-act-ly

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm getting almost as angry reading through our own "fans" opinions in this thread as I was last night at the worst refereeing decision I've ever seen in football. Mings was colossal tonight as he so often is. Why are people after a scapegoat instead of blaming the officials? Because Targett is playing well now so not him anymore?

There is no mistake from Mings. Looking at this replay it's not even a bad touch considering the only nearby opponent is coming back from a mile offside.

And if it needs to be repeated again: Rodri did not receive the ball from Mings, he was tackled.

Mings has only said that in hindsight he should've cleared it because that's with the hindsight that the referee is a corrupt, incompetent, or both piece of shit, not because he made an error.

Why should Mings have just headed or hoofed the ball aimlessly up pitch to give away possession when we've been under immense pressure for most of the match? We're not managed by Steve Bruce anymore.

Watching it again I'm actually laughing at how absurd both the decision is, and the ridiculous justification why it isnt offside

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Watching it again I'm actually laughing at how absurd both the decision is, and the ridiculous justification why it isnt offside

Yep, its mad.

They will 100% change this soon because all teams will start doing it. Players will run offside and then immediately close down the defender. 

Next day doesn't make this decision any better. I don't understand how they can justify this decision. Theres no loophole in the law. Rodri did not receive the ball from Mings he took it from him thereby seeking to gain an advantage. The refs interpret the rules how they wish.  

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yep, its mad.

They will 100% change this soon because all teams will start doing it. Players will run offside and then immediately close down the defender. 

There's nothing to change from a law perspective. This is no rule like this. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Just need to change Moss. Demote him to national league level. 

This is beyond Moss. The VAR didnt give it, the lino, peter walton said it's fair, PGMOL, and now the media using the same irrelevant rule. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I mean the way they interpret it. There is no way they will allow what happened last night to be the normal way.

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

no, but they will clear the wording up. they jumped to the defence of moss but now there's a backlash. they will define what 'playing the ball' means i.e. a pass

Just now, tomav84 said:

no, but they will clear the wording up. they jumped to the defence of moss but now there's a backlash. they will define what 'playing the ball' means i.e. a pass

That makes it worse. The defender can head it, flick it, slice a clearance. They use 'play' correctly here. The issue is their Trumpian definition of the word 'receive'  

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I mean the way they interpret it. There is no way they will allow what happened last night to be the normal way.

this is what i was alluding to. now players will just stand offside, and challenge as soon as defenders touch the ball. they will 100% change the wording here

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

this is what i was alluding to. now players will just stand offside, and challenge as soon as defenders touch the ball. they will 100% change the wording here

yes but if it happens again it will just be given offside and we'll all forget about it in a few weeks. 

I'm still raging about this decision today. The proof of how poor this decision will become clear in a few years as you will never ever see a decision like this given again in the league. Aston Villa clearing up the rule book for referee's yet again.

I would considered be an honest mistake if wasn't for the presence of the second review (VAR) and then the PGMOL doubling down with their ludicrous justification after the match. With that in mind it looks more like incompetence and unconscious bias.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I'm still raging about this decision today. The proof of how poor this decision will become clear in a few years as you will never ever see a decision like this given again in the league. Aston Villa clearing up the rule book for referee's yet again.

I would considered be an honest mistake if wasn't for the presence of the second review (VAR) and then the PGMOL doubling down with their ludicrous justification after the match. With that in mind it looks more like incompetence and unconscious bias.

yes they are just a bunch of liars. Very little honesty anywhere anymore. 

Rodri was doing the classic Man City sh*thouse tactic of stopping the early break whilst he's out of position. Same as all the little tug backs, trips in midfield they always do.

Luckily for him there was an equally big sh*thouse refereeing who let him get away with it.  

It's a disgraceful decision. He gained the biggest possible advantage that he could becuase thunderc*nt Moss doesn't have a clue....then they make up a wiffy interpretation of the law to make it seem OK. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

yes but if it happens again it will just be given offside and we'll all forget about it in a few weeks. 

if similar happens again and it gets given offside then the scoring team will surround the ref, and cite yesterday's game as the reason to allow the goal.

i think teams will be daft not to try and exploit this...defenders will need to be aware of who's behind them. they're unlikely to be tackled, but it will force more punts back to the other team and misplaced passes from defenders

Â