Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

We actually really needed a player to break the lines and run from deep yday, I think JJ is good at that but not quite at it just yet for obvious reasons, I’m confident he will get back to his best with minutes. We need a runner sometimes, Bailey and Watkins tried a couple of times but Mcginn or the defenders didn’t spot the runs. Off the ball movement against low block teams is how we will beat them, can’t stay static in games like that otherwise it will be points dropped 

Just now, Villatillidie95 said:

We actually really needed a player to break the lines and run from deep yday, I think JJ is good at that but not quite at it just yet for obvious reasons, I’m confident he will get back to his best with minutes. We need a runner sometimes, Bailey and Watkins tried a couple of times but Mcginn or the defenders didn’t spot the runs. Off the ball movement against low block teams is how we will beat them, can’t stay static in games like that otherwise it will be points dropped 

Its so hard to break the lines when the lines are nearly together. Just given me a lesson in how we will have to modify our game to try and win these sort of games. We have the players though  . Buendia and Tielemans can so the 10 yard pass as well as anyone. Last night it would have been good to get Tommi O Reilly on to try as he is another who can play the little passes really well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

You do know Ramsey's been injured? And by all accounts if Zaniolo is good enough we have the option/obligation to sign permanently anyway.

Yes he has been injured so he deserves a longer run than 2 games to reintegrate. Zaniolo has been pants for pretty much this entire campaign. Jacob's play over 2+ season has earned him some grace to work his way back into the form. Can't do that from the bench. 

Really like Ramsey but he’s a hindrance to us at the moment with his performances. If Tielemans and Kamara were both fit he wouldn’t be starting.

Zaniolo did well when he came on yesterday and has 2 goals in his last 3 appearances, I’d start him against Man Utd. Whether that’s in place of Ramsey or Diaby I’m not sure. Hopefully Ramsey picks up his form of the 2nd half of last season soon, but right now he’s pants. We really need Kamara and Tielemans back. 

3 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Would be great if he came back from injury at his best but that’s obviously not the case.

think it’s best to look back at what he’s been capable of previously before issuing summary judgements.

Going to need time to get back firing. 

I had the view of him before the last few games that he was too often anonymous. Hence why I said it.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm all for playing players to get them back up to speed, but how this guy has got nearly 180 minutes of football over the last two games I'll never know.

He's been complete dogshit

Literally like playing with 10 men. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He's absolutely one of the reasons we lost.

Really? The reason we lost is lack of control of the centre of the pitch. Jacob didn’t offer much but he didn’t do any less than Bailey in that respect. This loss is on Luiz and dendoncker who failed to show any kind of control and his all game. If we’d played the same but with a peak Ramsey we still would have lost. If we’d played the same but with a peak Luiz then we wouldn’t have 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I had the view of him before the last few games that he was too often anonymous. Hence why I said it.

Fair enough, I disagree and believe at his best he’s been crucial for us and as a young player still has room to improve.

Patience is needed, same as has been extended to Bailey, Zaniolo & others.

• Like 1

Just now, JPJCB said:

Really? The reason we lost is lack of control of the centre of the pitch. Jacob didn’t offer much but he didn’t do any less than Bailey in that respect. This loss is on Luiz and dendoncker who failed to show any kind of control and his all game. If we’d played the same but with a peak Ramsey we still would have lost. If we’d played the same but with a peak Luiz then we wouldn’t have 

He did far less than Bailey. He was literally the worst player on the pitch.

Carlos, Dendoncker and Ramsey were our weak links tonight. And Ramsey was the worst of the lot

• Like 1

Â