In Sickness and in Health

mjmooney

I had my colonoscopy last week without sedation. The doc seemed to think I was some sort of super-hero for turning it down.

Don't think I could if they were going to ram the camera down my throat like Rob though. 

On 14/01/2019 at 17:25, mjmooney said:

I'll check next time I go for a run. 

When I last had a bad panic attack and the paramedics were called out, they checked me all over. Once they were in the house and hooked me up I had calmed down a lot. Anyway he said everything was fine but my resting heart rate was a bit low. It was 59, which I thought was good. I was a bit miffed why he said it was a bit low. I had a discussion with him about it explaining that I’m not overweight, and very active as a whole. I was running at the time too. He then went on to say, yeah it could be because you are quite fit, which I’d say I am. I have read that athletes have a RHR in the 40s. Quite remarkable that. 

I had a blood test, for something routine last week. I had the results today and they said one came back slightly raised. I dont know what that means or what it potentially could mean to my health. They have asked to take my blood again in a weeks time. Anyone know what that means at all? Outside of blood aids, obviously.

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I had a blood test, for something routine last week. I had the results today and they said one came back slightly raised. I dont know what that means or what it potentially could mean to my health. They have asked to take my blood again in a weeks time. Anyone know what that means at all? Outside of blood aids, obviously.

Was it the AST and ALT levels that were raised ?  That could just be down to some medication you might have taken or even if you’d had a heavy session a few days before 

but im not a Doctor to be clear so it could well be Blood AIDS 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Definitely blood aids, no medication, that said this was on wednesday, I drank a lot of wine on the saturday. 

It’s what you did after the wine that  I’d be concerned about. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

They don't seem that hurried in getting done again so its probably something routine than can easily be sorted. I sometimes have raise inflammation markers in my blood, which with my illness does happen from time to time. 

• Like 1

I have learned its iga is raised. So blood aids. I do have IBS and I do drink more than I should and consistently for 35 years so that may be my body saying stop it. I can call to see if there is a cancellation, if not then blood taken again on Friday. 

I had to give blood last week with the idea being to find out if they can see why I had the blood clots. I've never given so much blood in one go. I'm not bothered by needles, and if I was I've had to give blood so many times in the last few years that I'd be over it by now, but it was a bit disconcerting when I was sat there with the nurse filling vial after vial of blood. By the end the table was literally covered with the different vials. Also weird to see my blood looking strangely brown. I'm not sure if that's the thinners I'm on it something.

Anywho here's hoping they can work out why my blood tried to kill me.

• Like 2

I've had impacted lower wisdom teeth since my early university years.  I've always been told I'd need them out eventually but I've held on until it was absolutely necessary.

In the top row I have my upper wisdom teeth, but they came through normally.  Alongside them at the right, though, I have a "half tooth" that is essentially a fifth wisdom tooth.

A few months ago my dentist found some decay in a tooth next to a lower wisdom tooth.  It was time to have them out as they were having an effect on my proper teeth.

Fast forward to Wednesday just gone and after several x-rays and scans (my roots are really close to the nerve AND the jaw bone which could fracture when the teeth are extracted) and the surgeon has told me I have ANOTHER upper wisdom "half tooth" that hasn't come through yet.

As I'm having a GA for the lower two he's recommended I have all four upper ones taken out too.  So, end of April I'll be having surgery to have 6 (six) wisdom teeth out in one hit!

I asked him to put them on a necklace for me like Crocodile Dundee...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterms said:

How wonderful is the NHS.

Normally, you'd have to pay someone good money to stuff things up your arse.

Cost me a fortune, Peter - proper Harley Street job. ;)

Â