Xela

2019 Holiday Plans

Recommended Posts

So, what has everyone got planned for 2019? 

I have got my travel mojo back after a few barren years... had a great trip to Asia recently (Thailand, Vietnam, HL & Macau). 

Its a milestone birthday for me next year so would like to do something memorable... looking at Tokyo for a week in June. Also potentially a weekend away in Amsterdam for people who can't do long haul. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Xela said:

So, what has everyone got planned for 2019? 

I have got my travel mojo back after a few barren years... had a great trip to Asia recently (Thailand, Vietnam, HL & Macau). 

Its a milestone birthday for me next year so would like to do something memorable... looking at Tokyo for a week in June. Also potentially a weekend away in Amsterdam for people who can't do long haul. 

 

We can guess what ended your barren run in Thailand 👵🏼🍆

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We can guess what ended your barren run in Thailand 👵🏼🍆

 

I behaved like a perfect gentleman on my trip (for once!)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to visit Pakistan this year  ,

and to finally complete every country in Europe  , only 4 left now ( Serbia , Montenegro , Lichtenstein and Iceland)

 

other than that probably visit the US and do a road trip with the family ..assuming my visa interview goes well on Friday ( i'm on the naughty list due to Syria and Iranian visas , bizarrely North Korea isn't a problem ..should just be a formality but you never know with us applications) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will start the new year in Italy, on a roadtrip over Christmas and new year, travelling the south if Italy. Should be in Matera on New years Eve.

Will go back to Hong Kong in March, with a 10 day side trip to Bali. 

I'm walking 120km of the Camino de Santiago in May, a pilgrimage in Northern Spain finishing off in Santiago de Compostella (100km qualifies you for a completion certificate ). 

Uzbekistan in September is looking likely :)

Will end of 2019 in Myanmar all being well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cologne for xmas and new year

gdansk in feb

my mom wants to rent a villa and the whole clan go to florida for 2 weeks in october for the halloween stuff, i'll probably try and trim it down to something before, 7 days there and then something after

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend's wedding in NY in September.

Apart from that hoping to do a trip to a trip to Tallinn with a day in Helsinki.  Probably a Bundesliga trip and then hopefully something big in the summer funds permitting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got no family holidays abroad planned for next year. If I’m being honest, going to Ibiza then Croatia last year has killed me off. Don’t want to set foot on a plane for a bit. Had a great time at both, but taking 3 kids abroad isn’t easy, or cheap. Will probably book up next year for the following year. Some of my wife’s family are going to Cyprus next June, but we’ve said no thanks. Will have 5 nights away somewhere in this country, and a couple of weekends away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to England late 2019 for a wedding. Will get to Villa Park if I can while I'm there.

Will more than likely take a snowboarding trip to NZ as well around September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2018 at 10:50, Wainy316 said:

A friend's wedding in NY in September.

Apart from that hoping to do a trip to a trip to Tallinn with a day in Helsinki.  Probably a Bundesliga trip and then hopefully something big in the summer funds permitting.

 

Well that's one sorted.  Wife booked it for my birthday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking the boy to Disney World. It’ll be touristy as all get out, but I’ve never been to Florida so I’m looking forward to it. Got about a week of non-Disney World time, so hopefully we’ll find a good place with some good beaches to stay. Also, we’re flying to and from DC so we get a good road trip out of it. I love US road trips. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going San Diego, San Francisco and Miami in March.

Any knockout recommendations welcome.

Edited by Tomaszk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Going San Diego, San Francisco and Miami in March.

Any knockout recommendations welcome.

wet willies and mambo in miami

WW is a cocktail bar but all drinks are in slush puppy form...not sure whether it's the alcohol content or something to do with them being frozen, but they do a drink called 'call a cab' - after 2 of these i was asleep (and i like to think i can handle the sauce)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of trips to Ireland

Barcelona in Feb

Vegas in March

and hopefully looking at Japan for our main holiday this year.

 

Might squeeze a city break in somewhere later in the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Couple of trips to Ireland

Barcelona in Feb

Vegas in March

and hopefully looking at Japan for our main holiday this year.

 

Might squeeze a city break in somewhere later in the year.

tenor.gif?itemid=12016711

:P

Seriously, sounds great!

What you thinking of doing in Japan? The Tokyo/Kyoto/Mt Fuji (maybe Osaka) route?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Xela said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12016711

:P

Seriously, sounds great!

What you thinking of doing in Japan? The Tokyo/Kyoto/Mt Fuji (maybe Osaka) route?

I'm fully expecting this year to bankrupt me. Vegas especially!!

No idea about Japan to be honest. Always been somewhere I wanted to go, but not even got to the planning stage yet. One of my best mates went for his Honeymoon last year so I'll get plenty of ideas from him.

The standard VT travel thread will be started at some point :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/12/2018 at 10:34, Stevo985 said:

No idea about Japan to be honest. Always been somewhere I wanted to go, but not even got to the planning stage yet.

The standard VT travel thread will be started at some point :D 

I'll remind you nearer the time but get your train pass in the Uk before you travel to Japan  , assuming you plan on doing some multi city exploring by  train

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites