Ratings & Reactions: Villa v sha

limpid

Match Polls  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/18 at 19:45

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

Would have loved to have seen Craig Gardner's crestfallen face at the end. What a bitter, nasty piece of shit he was today. 

Ugly word removed as well

3 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

What a day,

1 Went back to old my old local in Cannock, watched the match with my son and son in-law

2 Met some of my mates I hadn't seen for 8 years or more, 

3 Got home and Mrs T was lying on the bed wearing a Villa shirt

well 2 out of 3 aint bad 

was it her wearing  the 11 pairs of signed shorts that put you off?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

They played to their maximum and we were below par.  I guess you can say they  made us look bad for the first 35 mins but in the end the class told.

Tougher tests to come this week and we need to be better in midfield to get a result in both games.

We can walk tall and smile at work tomorrow so thanks boys!  

Alan Hutton you just have to admire him plays left or right gets stuck in and scores goal of the season! Legend.

UTV 

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

We didn't play that well but had more than enough for that mob. Even at 0-2 we would have stepped on the gas as we did each time we needed to. Jota certainly wouldn't have been the difference in the result and you could just as easily say us missing McGinn meant we didn't win by more.

A trait of any good team is to not be at your best and still win although we were perhaps fortunate that Sha are a pretty poor team who will do well to finish top half.

We certainly won't need to spend big in January to get top 6. We make no changes at all we will make top 6. We bring in one or two and we will have a good shout at top 2 but that won't take big money.

I don't think it will take big money, but we do need certain types of which we are light on.

I think DS knows exactly what we are short of.

2 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

Dean Smith’s post-match interview cements my long-held certainty that he is the manager we have needed since 2010. He clearly fully understands the tactics of modern football and has a game plan to beat each opponent. He was not happy that the players ignored what they were told for the first half an hour.

I thought the first half hour was a bit Brucesque.....the rest was just bliss.

It was not the best of days for us in many ways, but in other ways, we were better than some are giving us credit for.

It was clear to see, for me, why Blues have taken points off some of the top teams and they will continue to do so in my view.

A while back we would have lost that and wilted under the early physical challenge...we have come some way since then.

We wasn't at our best, but it was a fine win against a team not many will relish playing....and they are cute at negating superior talent.

I have no wish to give Blues any credit, but I have to, in order to put Villa's win, in to its true perspective.

It was a fine win, from a team that is gradually improving all the time.....even on the not so good days.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Oh they're not happy......not happy at all 🤣

Apparently they're gonna do us at the sty; Jota's gonna rip us a new one and............get this.........it was our cup final !

If you want me, I'll be in quarantine just to be on the safe side !

poor lambs.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Ugly word removed as well

Frankenstein's offspring.

Watched it on TV, thought their first was a foul on our keeper. Also couldn't believe how many dirty challenges the ref let go, half of those untermensch in yellow should have been walking the red-card tightrope.

Still, Grealish scoring that header...Huttihnio...Harry Monk looking like the kid who everyone bullies at school.

Lovely stuff :)

• Like 2

Ref should have given an early yellow card for the tackle on Grealish , he never and that was the green light for blues to switch their game on. 

Thought we played well but still look capable of shooting ourselves in the foot with unforced errors and waywood  (shit) passes in risky areas of the pitch. Interested to see Lansbury coming on and I think there could be a window of opportunity for him, his injury is a devastating blow and I hope he recovers soon and has a chance to show what he's capable of . UTV 

Absolutely over the moon that we beat that lot. Not living in Birmingham or being a brummie it's fair to say that I don't know (m)any blue noses, but I can imagine for some of you guys it is a nightmare going into work after a derby day defeat, so I am even more delighted for the local Villa fans! 

I don't think we played particularly well today, we looked vulnerable at every set piece (nothing new this season), first half we were slow and ponderous with and without the ball, Whelan dropping too deep, hourihane knocking balls into touch, Jack getting fouled with every touch, Chester looked shaky all game, Taylor was Taylor of old and to be fair, the blues looked comfortable for 35 minutes, hustling us all over the pitch, got their (expected) set-piece goal and I am not sure we would have recovered if Che Adams shot was a few inches to the right! 

But... that said... we have quality offensive players, don't we?! Two quick-fire goals, better wing play from Adomah and the games turned on its head! 

Second half was better, but I never felt too comfortable (the £30 bets I placed mid game on blues and a draw shows that!), but I completely forgot that we had the Scottish Cafu!  What a goal! 

Overall, we were the better side, and it's a really good sign scoring 4 goals and not hitting real form!

UTV

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, av1 said:

Did the prats even sell out their allocation? There were lots of empty seats in the away end. 

Definitely looked around 10% empty seats in the upper and lower away sections and that doesn’t include the netted separation seats. Blose either didn’t sell out or there was a low key restriction on their number. Interested to find out.

22 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Absolutely over the moon that we beat that lot. Not living in Birmingham or being a brummie it's fair to say that I don't know (m)any blue noses, but I can imagine for some of you guys it is a nightmare going into work after a derby day defeat, so I am even more delighted for the local Villa fans! 

I don't think we played particularly well today, we looked vulnerable at every set piece (nothing new this season), first half we were slow and ponderous with and without the ball, Whelan dropping too deep, hourihane knocking balls into touch, Jack getting fouled with every touch, Chester looked shaky all game, Taylor was Taylor of old and to be fair, the blues looked comfortable for 35 minutes, hustling us all over the pitch, got their (expected) set-piece goal and I am not sure we would have recovered if Che Adams shot was a few inches to the right! 

But... that said... we have quality offensive players, don't we?! Two quick-fire goals, better wing play from Adomah and the games turned on its head! 

Second half was better, but I never felt too comfortable (the £30 bets I placed mid game on blues and a draw shows that!), but I completely forgot that we had the Scottish Cafu!  What a goal! 

Overall, we were the better side, and it's a really good sign scoring 4 goals and not hitting real form!

UTV

If you do happen to see a Blue nose outside of Birmingham, call the police, there's a good chance he may need to be sectioned. 

• Haha 2

Â