Ratings & Reactions: Villa v sha

limpid

Match Polls  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/18 at 19:45

48 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

What a day,

1 Went back to old my old local in Cannock, watched the match with my son and son in-law

2 Met some of my mates I hadn't seen for 8 years or more, 

3 Got home and Mrs T was lying on the bed wearing a Villa shirt

well 2 out of 3 aint bad 

Which one let you down?....keep it clean 😊

Didnt actually think we played that well and we also rode our luck if they scored that one off the post to make it 0-2 it could of been a different game but I think our expensively assembled squad seen us overpower them in the end with a rub of the green also.

Our defence is worrying, I’m glad Jota was not playing as we looked all over the place defensively, I think we will spend big in January to try push for top 6.

• Like 1

But... but... dey woz gonna do us?

They're a solid team, physical (some of the Grealish tackles were a disgrace) and I can see how they have done well so far - if they had some squad depth they'd push the top 10. Monk has done a hell of a job with the festering turd he inherited. Jutkiewicz is a good player, as is Adams - both caused us enormous problems, especially first half.

Still weren't nearly good enough though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Dirty SHA inbred thugs - no surprise there.

Chuffed with the win.

Right - I'm off to have a look at one of their messageboards and laugh. Schadenfreude is such fun at times !

Don't worry, I've taken my jabs.....ok, I'm going in !

Agent Mottaloo, report back with findings...

• Haha 1

Just got back..thought we were awful in the first half hour ..Sunday league mistake by Chester scuffing the ball as he tried to play out which led to their corner and the first goal.

We got the lucky break though, them hitting the post was a turning point just as the crowd was turning on the team. I think we only had 5 chances on target and scored 4...in other matches we've had far more shots and scored less so we picked the right day to convert our chances.  The good thing is though we play actual football going forward now , at 2-1 Bruce would have been trying to defend it and we'd probbaly have drawn or lost.

We seemed much better second half but Blues were by no means out of it at 3-2. and then the miracle of B6 .,..the Scottish Cafu..I was getting cross that he hadn't laid it off to someone as he bombed forward, never in my life would I have predicted that finish. Capped off what turned out to be a great result

So 10 out 10 for the scoreline...6.8 out of 10 for the performance....we missed McGinn badly ..we saw him afterwards just going in to the Luke 77 box and one my mates got a selfie. He said he won't be fit for Wednesday either but Whelan is no replacement. 

Edited by CosmicVillan

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Agent Mottaloo, report back with findings...

I don't know why I bothered......I could've guessed it the reaction would be a mixture of "we wuz unlucky....typical jammy vile....ref on their side.....abraham fouled our bloke for the pen......we shudda knobbled dat greasy fanny no.10......we wuz missing our best players......we'll kill em at the sty.........it wuz their cup final.....they aint gunna go up & then its ffp hahaha......we are blues we KRO !!" sort of stuff.

Judging by your location, I'd be careful of what you say....or give it em with both barrels !!

Near the beginning of the game is one of the most ridiculous refereeing decisions I think I have ever seen. 

A blues player goes right through the back of Hourihane, straight through him and the ref gives a free kick to them. 

Totally baffling, I cannot imagine what he might have possibly seen to give them the decision. 

1 hour ago, fifamad said:

Didnt actually think we played that well and we also rode our luck if they scored that one off the post to make it 0-2 it could of been a different game but I think our expensively assembled squad seen us overpower them in the end with a rub of the green also.

Our defence is worrying, I’m glad Jota was not playing as we looked all over the place defensively, I think we will spend big in January to try push for top 6.

We didn't play that well but had more than enough for that mob. Even at 0-2 we would have stepped on the gas as we did each time we needed to. Jota certainly wouldn't have been the difference in the result and you could just as easily say us missing McGinn meant we didn't win by more.

A trait of any good team is to not be at your best and still win although we were perhaps fortunate that Sha are a pretty poor team who will do well to finish top half.

We certainly won't need to spend big in January to get top 6. We make no changes at all we will make top 6. We bring in one or two and we will have a good shout at top 2 but that won't take big money.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ponky said:

Loved seeing Abraham pointing to the crest on his shirt. Loved the celebrations when Hutton scored. 

Would have loved to have seen Craig Gardner's crestfallen face at the end. What a bitter, nasty piece of shit he was today. 

All bitter and twisted of what he might of been....but all was revealed, wasn't it....plastic villa fan for all those academy years, must have eat him up inside.

• Like 1

Â