Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know the debate over the last few pages is between people that think he should/shouldn’t go, where do we think the club is?

I suspect they have at least had a "What if conversation", I'd imagine conversations have been had this evening because that was a horror show today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know the debate over the last few pages is between people that think he should/shouldn’t go, where do we think the club is?

I suspect the club don't want to sack him but feel they maybe forced into it and I believe they think the current results are not good enough and they will not accept a relegation scrap. IMO, they will sack him rather than risk letting him manager us through a relegation battle

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

My guess is the club will pull the trigger after Friday if we lose. 

My further guess is Shakespeare will get a chance to prove himself, he will fail and we will finally get a new manager by December by then we will have a nasty relegation dogfight on our hands.

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

My further guess is Shakespeare will get a chance to prove himself, he will fail and we will finally get a new manager by December by then we will have a nasty relegation dogfight on our hands.

I think they will pull the trigger tomorrow morning.  Thought they might have done it after Arsenal but id be confident it will be quick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Can you finish the story please. Is our new manager we get in Dec any good and do we survive the relegation battle?

• Haha 3

Writings on the wall I'm afraid. 

Young brought on as CM today having never played there. 

Ming's dropped for some unknown reason.

Buendia straight down the tunnel when getting subbed (wrong sub by the way)

Covid issues, again? We must have had more issues with covid than any other team. An what are covid issues? They have either got it or not.

Change of coaches?

An I think the denial is starting in his interviews, a big sign things are going wrong.

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Did anyone else think the young substitute was very odd?  Ive don’t think ive ever remembered him playing that position in his career.  Ever!  We had proper midfielders on the bench.  Still don’t understand what Smith was thinking 

Apart from against Brentford this season.  But yeah, he definitely wasn’t the right person to bring on.

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I think you'll find Shaky is the problem. Be interesting to see if they keep him on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I think he is Baird from being manager.

Good night folks

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham. All clubs at this time I would expect us to 'potentially' lose to, given how unsettled we have been by Grealish going and new players not yet gelling or being fit. Wolves was the only one we should have won. How can we go from purring after the United win to the extreme of sacking Smith a few games later when we've been done by equal or better teams? We have not been at the races, but it is beyond early to call for Smith to go IMHO. 

But two seasons ago we were on a par with West Ham. Why should we now expect to lose to them?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

How can we go from purring after the United win to the extreme of sacking Smith a few games later

Probably losing all of them? And in the manner of defeats too, Wolves was really damaging. To be honest we should’ve beaten Spurs too, Son aside they were awful.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 2

Just now, Jareth said:

Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham. All clubs at this time I would expect us to 'potentially' lose to, given how unsettled we have been by Grealish going and new players not yet gelling or being fit. Wolves was the only one we should have won. How can we go from purring after the United win to the extreme of sacking Smith a few games later when we've been done by equal or better teams? We have not been at the races, but it is beyond early to call for Smith to go IMHO. 

I'm so bored of brining this up, but I will say it once more just for you.

The losses we can accept. West Ham are a better team yes, but, (and here is the fact) it's the manner of the losses. Discipline today, nearly 2 sending offs, lazy players, hardly tackling, slow starts yet again, no real system, messy play, Buendia straight down the tunnel. 

Really don't look.like a team at there best, it's half arsed out there.

5 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

We were crying out for another midfield signing in the summer.. Ashley Young coming on in midfield is pretty much admission the club failed in the market in the summer. Lange has to also take some responsibility.

Games pass so quickly and I’m getting old, but we started a game earlier in the season with Young in midfield. 

I thought Nakamba worked hard today so I don’t want to be too critical, but after spending a couple of hundred million it beggars belief that we had these guys on the pitch today. 

Â