Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is many things.....but not captain material.

That I agree on, he doesn't know how to Rally. Most of his time is spent getting kicked around so he's complaining at refs and players.

I don't think Grealish is the man for the job and the moment he was put in ad captain he was put on a pedestal and I think that's contributed to opposition targeting him.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

He is one of the few with a mean attitude......we need that running through the team.

Hourihane has the attitude when he's pissed off, just a shame he's only good at this level for his free kicks because if Conor was on Grealish level or remotely close then I'm sure he'd be captain.

I do however think we may only have Heaton and Mings for a captain spot if it's removed from Jack.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I just don't think making Mings captain will change anything. Be like changing the captain of the titanic after it hit the iceberg. 

Mings form has dipped in line with the decline of the team.

not saying he is without errors or fault.....but being in the trenches with this lot, would have me running for the hills.

lets not throw the baby out with the bath water....He can get better, with better players around him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Our guys were not showing for the throw-ins yesterday. I thought that was strange and possibly indicative of the fact that no one wants to take responsibility.

Problem is opposing teams sniff that out and it gives them confidence.....its yielding the initiative and then you drift in to passive play.

its gut wrenching.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd be surprised if Leicester, Wolves or Everton came in for Mings if I'm honest. Especially as we'd want at least what we paid for him (i.e. £25m+) in return. 

I would be surprised if Mings is playing in the Championship with us next season, left footed English CB's are just too valuable in a squad. If he gets a move I wish him well. 

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'd be surprised if Leicester, Wolves or Everton came in for Mings if I'm honest. Especially as we'd want at least what we paid for him (i.e. £25m+) in return. 

The way we are playing, only Jack will get the move he wants...he has probably, just done enough.

The rest have put doubts in minds, they need to resurrect their form, to get interest.

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I would be surprised if Mings is playing in the Championship with us next season, left footed English CB's are just too valuable in a squad. If he gets a move I wish him well. 

I am not sure, he will get a move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Funny you should say that but Bielsa joined leeds 2018 right?  Leeds previous season is where they were sitting 13th in the championship In 2017, so its not impossible to bring someone decent in, its money that helps that out a lot more.

Exactly this

We need to bring a top guy in as manager the rest will follow! Could have a decent transfer kitty to get his men in too with no FFP in place for a season, parachute payments and Grealish & co money as / when they inevitably go.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If we were only asking £25m for Mings that would make it more likely that teams would come in for him. Not sure how people can think that Man City are going to pay £25m plus for Luiz, but no one would pay the same for Mings a player who has been much better and more consistent and is now an England international, put him in a decent side and he'd be a £40m plus defender. Not sure what the obssession is with fans undervaluing our players, we've let our best ones go too cheaply enough as it is.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not sure, he will get a move.

I would be delighted if he stayed. he has a relegation clause according to dean Smith, same as all our new players, so he would be earning a lot less. If someone of Ming's quality wants to stick with us through relegation and take his pay cut then hats off to him. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I would be delighted if he stayed. he has a relegation clause according to dean Smith, same as all our new players, so he would be earning a lot less. If someone of Ming's quality wants to stick with us through relegation and take his pay cut then hats off to him. 

Well.....we will soon see, who wants to be here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

Mings form has dipped in line with the decline of the team.

not saying he is without errors or fault.....but being in the trenches with this lot, would have me running for the hills.

lets not throw the baby out with the bath water....He can get better, with better players around him.

Mings is a good player no question but do you really think a change of captain at this stage will change the fortune of the team. We've barely created a chance in two games. I think Smith needs to play two up front and go for it now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Mings is a good player no question but do you really think a change of captain at this stage will change the fortune of the team. We've barely created a chance in two games. I think Smith needs to play two up front and go for it now

I think its all too late.

The things that are conspiring against us are in evidence, just about, every game lately.

Baring divine intervention, i think we are stuffed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think its all too late.

The things that are conspiring against us are in evidence, just about, every game lately.

Baring divine intervention, i think we are stuffed.

Me too. May as well give it a go. Rather go down fighting. We'll concede goals anyway so lets go all out attack. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Strongly agree by the way relegation is an opportunity to reset and invest in a top manager. Fans have been crying out for a progressive attacking manager for years. Lets go for a genuinely great manager hire rather than spending money elsewhere.

When i think about it i agree with the attacking manager point. We just need someone better who can continue with what Smith has tried to do.

If we hire a coach like Allardyce we would have to build a completely different team. We need to stay on the same course but change the wheels.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 4

We will see a lot of these "moneyball 2" players wanting to leave as & when we drop of that i am certain. Just as Veretout & co couldn't wait to get out under Lambert. So i can see many of the Suso signings wanting out to the highest /any bidder as soon as relegation is confirmed. Again we will likely take a financial hit on several of them. We'll be cherry picked back to bare bones i should imagine so it will inevitably offer an opportunity and surely the right time to bring in a top top manager with a war chest to build a squad. The thing is these type of managers can attract a higher calibre of player, even to the Championship maybe in some instances.

These owners have serious financial clout lets not forget that. Up there with the top 5 in the Premier League even, surely this is the big carrot which can attract a big donkey? 🥕

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

Â