The NSWE Board

Guest av1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Another £80m worth of shares have been invested into the NSWE UK Limited parent company, although unusually there is no accompanying notice of shares invested into the "Aston Villa Football Club" company (the subsidiary company that covers most of the club's assets and day to day running) that usually happens when money is put into the club.

Given the size of the figure and the fact it isn't going directly into the club's balance, I assume it's probably financing for the Villa Park expansion, which would be separate to Aston Villa's accounts given the stadium was sold to NSWE.

Great news, where have you seen this? Thanks.

9 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Another £80m worth of shares have been invested into the NSWE UK Limited parent company, although unusually there is no accompanying notice of shares invested into the "Aston Villa Football Club" company (the subsidiary company that covers most of the club's assets and day to day running) that usually happens when money is put into the club.

Given the size of the figure and the fact it isn't going directly into the club's balance, I assume it's probably financing for the Villa Park expansion, which would be separate to Aston Villa's accounts given the stadium was sold to NSWE.

So this means it affects our FFP etc in no way I assume?

Good Business if so.

I know stadium expansions and new stadium's have really hamstring a few clubs in the past.

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So this means it affects our FFP etc in no way I assume?

Good Business if so.

I know stadium expansions and new stadium's have really hamstring a few clubs in the past.

No stadium improvements/costs of any kind impact FFP.

• Thanks 1

I’ve always wondered this, but daren’t ask. If Villa don’t technically own the stadium, how is it included in our turnover? Do we submit the ‘group’ financial statements, including NSWE Ltd and Aston Villa? Or what? And if we submit the group statements, how did it mean we were able to book the sale of Villa Park to help with FFP all those years ago, and still benefit from all the income? 

Hope I’ve made sense with all those questions. 😅

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wishywashy said:

This may well be the case - but there is a separate company that holds the stadium as I understand it: NSWE Stadium Limited.  https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10883540  So wouldn't this be the place to transfer funds for the North Stand?  I don't know as I'm not an accountant and all this stuff confuses me!

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I’ve always wondered this, but daren’t ask. If Villa don’t technically own the stadium, how is it included in our turnover? Do we submit the ‘group’ financial statements, including NSWE Ltd and Aston Villa? Or what? And if we submit the group statements, how did it mean we were able to book the sale of Villa Park to help with FFP all those years ago, and still benefit from all the income? 

Aston Villa owned the stadium. They sold it to NSWE and booked the profit for FFP purposes. This loophole was closed the year after we did it.

Since that point because Aston Villa football club no longer own the stadium, they pay a 'market rent' of £2 million a year to lease the stadium from the 'new owners'.

20 minutes ago, andycv said:

This may well be the case - but there is a separate company that holds the stadium as I understand it: NSWE Stadium Limited.  https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10883540  So wouldn't this be the place to transfer funds for the North Stand?  I don't know as I'm not an accountant and all this stuff confuses me!

I imagine the funds for the stadium work don't have to be invested directly into the stadium's holding company. Saying that, I'm definitely no accountant either: just guessing based on the mooted figures of the expansion and how it seemingly hasn't gone straight into the club!

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

Hope I’ve made sense with all those questions. 😅

When Villa Park was sold to NSWE Stadium Limited for £56.7m, it was immediately leased back to Villa with rent of £2.6m per year: the lease presumably means that any revenue would therefore towards Villa's accounts rather than NSWE's.

With regards to how they managed to separate the stadium holding company from the Villa group accounts, it seems that although NSWE Stadium Limited falls under the same Luxembourgian parent company as Villa's accounts eventually do (V Sports SCS) it doesn't actually have any immediate connection to the Villa holding company (it is owned separately to NSWE UK Limited, Villa's group company). So the lease means that the Villa accounts get all the revenue from the stadium in return for a modest rent. I think it looks something like this. 

image.png.2fa4731aac36dc28a3788d2b0ac8dbc7.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wishywashy said:

When Villa Park was sold to NSWE Stadium Limited for £56.7m, it was immediately leased back to Villa with rent of £2.6m per year: the lease presumably means that any revenue would therefore towards Villa's accounts rather than NSWE's.

With regards to how they managed to separate the stadium holding company from the Villa group accounts, it seems that although NSWE Stadium Limited falls under the same Luxembourgian parent company as Villa's accounts eventually do (V Sports SCS) it doesn't actually have any immediate connection to the Villa holding company (it is owned separately to NSWE UK Limited, Villa's group company). So the lease means that the Villa accounts get all the revenue from the stadium in return for a modest rent. I think it looks something like this. 

image.png.2fa4731aac36dc28a3788d2b0ac8dbc7.png

I wonder if the ‘market value’ rent goes up for a bigger stadium?

Â