John McGinn

PompeyVillan

On 20/05/2023 at 21:23, Don_Simon said:

I completely agree, they were achievements. But this conversation isn't about what's an achievement or what isn't, I think. It's about is John McGinn a Villa legend, and a playoff win / last day survival in which he played a team role, doesn't constitute legend status. (It would for Blues). 

What about after he lifts the Conference and then the Europa cup in back to back seasons?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What about after he lifts the Conference and then the Europa cup in back to back seasons?

L. E. G. E. N. D.

Because then we've achieved something. (Something absolutely wonderful!)

• Like 1

Da fuq is he doing on page 2?? He was magnificent today- as one of his biggest critics under the previous regime his improvement is synonymous with the improvement of us.

Best ever display in our shirt. 

• Like 4

By simplifying his game he’s actually become more dangerous. By becoming fitter he’s not blowing out his arse after 60 minutes. by becoming more tactically aware he’s not missing off the ball runners and by becoming stronger his tenacity is much more useful. 

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

By simplifying his game he’s actually become more dangerous. By becoming fitter he’s not blowing out his arse after 60 minutes. by becoming more tactically aware he’s not missing off the ball runners and by becoming stronger his tenacity is much more useful. 

I honestly think he stopped drinking too. He's in much, much better shape now. 

• Like 2

Owe this man a huge apology, under such an elite manager he has been sensational. It’s so great to be proven wrong 🤣

So much fight, spirit, tenacity, determination and QUALITY.

He fights and bleeds for this club…

Well done John 👏 

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Easily our most improved player this year. Was diabolical under Slippy G and in truth hadn't been good for quite some time but is now immense and one of the first names on the team sheet. Credit to him.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Unai Emery is the best thing that ever happened to him. He was coasting by under Smith and Gerrard to quite an extent, as he was extremely likable and generally put a shift in, but under a harsher taskmaster who isn't looking to be friends with players, but rather their teacher, his rise has been incredible. McGinn's committed himself 100% to becoming a proper professional and it's paying dividends. Massive credit to him.

Are there players at other clubs for whom this might be true as well? Potential bargain signings struggling due to situation? I know we have the money to spend but Moreno's proved Unai has an eye for talent no matter the fee. Barnes might qualify I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

Are there players at other clubs for whom this might be true as well? Potential bargain signings struggling due to situation? I know we have the money to spend but Moreno's proved Unai has an eye for talent no matter the fee. Barnes might qualify I suppose.

Of course there will be but I think that projects shouldn't be first-choice picks tbh - while Emery is a magician, our recruitment will always have an element of minimising risks and we can't afford to have too many players in a transitional phase of their careers, where they might work out or might not. 

Â