John McGinn

PompeyVillan

i shouldnt need to say this, but it seems a requirement, "i dont dislike McGinn as a person".....

but.

the dude is terrible, he shouldnt be in this first 11, at all, should be a squad player at best, i cant believe we have this guy as our captain, complete and absolute joke.

really, a pure joke, he's so s***.

i actually dislike McGinn as a player, a lot, i have a disdain for him as a player right now, but not sure its his fault, Gerrard keeps playing him, my lord.

Summed it up for me when he could of nodded it back to Cash yet tried that stupid turn, falls over and they break and other than a great tackle, would of scored.  

He thinks he's better than he is, Gerrard thinks he's better than he is and both need to get lost ASAP. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

First thing the new manager needs to do is take the captaincy off him and bench him.

The problem is they more than likely won't initially, we're going to be left with the legacy of Stevies terrible decisions for a while yet.

23 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Has he been subbed at all this season? 

Only when he was on a yellow, to quote Gerrard, he brought him off because "the last thing we want is to be losing John McGinn" 🤣🤣

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

5 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

First interview question for a new manager should be “do you think McGinn should be in the starting eleven?”.

anyone who says yes should be ruled out of the running immediately.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This isn’t being spoken about enough. His positioning for their goal is criminal and he does nothing when Fornals picks the ball up either.

I’m at a loss as to what to say with McGinn now. Ive said it all already. 

He does it constantly at fault for rodris goal last season. And a dozen more I'm sure. This lazy **** doesn't press, doesn't track doesn't mark. Just stands around idling and costing us points. 

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Only when he was on a yellow, to quote Gerrard, he brought him off because "the last thing we want is to be losing John McGinn" 🤣🤣

God forbid we lose the guy who forgets how to pass as soon as he's in the final third. 

Literally the last person I would choose as a Captain and I'm not even sure he'd make the bench if I was picking the team.

Sanson, Iroegbunam are both better players...

I'd be happy to get £2.5 million for him and sell to an SPL team.

I really feel for McGinn. It’s not his fault he was made captain by a tactically inept and atrocious manager….

His form hasn’t helped but the fans have turned on him but that’s more a knock on  effect of the shambolic management. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

I really feel for McGinn. It’s not his fault he was made captain by a tactically inept and atrocious manager….

His form hasn’t helped but the fans have turned on him but that’s more a knock on  effect of the shambolic management. 

No sympathy for him , he was shit long before he was made captain 

As much as mcginn is out of form I think he is being made a scapegoat on here.

He done nothing more nor nothing less than mostnof the players.

Does he make wrong decisions...yes...does misplace passes...yes.

I agree he shouldn't be captain but he is the victim of the system..we lack movement and bodies in key areas...forcing passes...forcing long balls....forcing crosses.

I think there is a player in there....as proven when henplays for Scotland...are Scotland better than us....now that's a question.

Could be a confidence thing but do think he is out of form but so are others 

• Like 2

Â