omariqy

On 05/08/2018 at 16:08, alreadyexists said:

This is a great idea, started last year under the Doc; people abroad are dying to watch English football, and there are a lot of overseas Villa fans, so why not make the most of it

Sadly they have thrown the idea away. Many folks around the world are unable to watch live because of time zone issues. So full match replays were a fantastic way to support the club and watch Villa. Now the club have decided on cost cutting AVTV just when other clubs are growing their services. Instead world wide villa fans will go and watch the replays from torrents etc. A real shame.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, joost1 said:

I live in Hong Kong — no international plus — but regularly travel to Taiwan and Singapore, which are both on the plus list. Neither Taiwan nor Singapore would throw up a stream, though — same error message. Saw on Twitter someone in Cyprus complaining about the same thing, so maybe early season gremlins. Hope so.

Spain is int+, I wonder if anyone there (or pretending) has a stream.

The audio worked for me, but I didn't try the video.

34 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Sadly they have thrown the idea away. Many folks around the world are unable to watch live because of time zone issues. So full match replays were a fantastic way to support the club and watch Villa. Now the club have decided on cost cutting AVTV just when other clubs are growing their services. Instead world wide villa fans will go and watch the replays from torrents etc. A real shame.

I thought this was an EFL restriction meaning that we’re not allowed to have full match replays. Might be wrong and other teams may be showing full match replays but that was my understanding. Can’t believe that not having full match replays is going to save much money in the grand scheme of things. 

4 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I thought this was an EFL restriction meaning that we’re not allowed to have full match replays. Might be wrong and other teams may be showing full match replays but that was my understanding. Can’t believe that not having full match replays is going to save much money in the grand scheme of things. 

Nope other clubs have been doing it for years (Chelsea started it I think) which is why we managed to finally get Villa to do it. As far as I am aware there are no new rules put in place this season from last? 

46 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I am currently in Italy, will I am be able get AVTV via my IPad?

I'm in Greece and about to see if it works here. Funny thing is i may 'have to move' to Spain to get this. 

I struggled with iPad and phone connection issues last year but I'm hoping it's been improved.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I struggled with iPad and phone connection issues last year but I'm hoping it's been improved.

Did you change the ipad, the phone or both? ?

23 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Has anyone got the holding screen yet with a count down to kickoff?

I'm on the app on my iphone and it says "go to avfc.co.uk to check your subscription."

I paid for the Wigan game several days ago........

(I am in the USA)

Yep I've got the screen up watching them warm up. I'm in Australia, using the app on an android box 

• Thanks 1