omariqy

https://7500toholte.sbnation.com/2018/8/4/17650894/avtv-guide-faqs-how-to-watch-aston-villa

How to watch Aston Villa: AVTV Guide & FAQs

Everything you need to know about AVTV

By Phil Vogel@PBVogel  Aug 4, 2018, 2:08pm BST

76061373.jpg.0.jpgPhoto by Stu Forster/Getty Images

AVTV is back and this year it comes with graphics!

Let’s start with the basic info.

• If a game is scheduled for television broadcast AVTV cannot show video. Knowing that off the top will help clarify some of the confusion.
  • No full match replays will be posted (writer’s note: BOOOOOO!).
  • Prices are listed below — do the math to see what is best for you.
  • If you signed up last year there is no automatic renewal.
  • AVTV does not work through any streaming platforms (Chromecast, Apple TV, ect). Must be used through a computer.
  • Season ticket holders no longer get an audio subscription included. Club says that is due to EFL regulations.

Everything else is all location based — so I’m going to split this up.

AVTV_Video_pricing_18_19.png

UK, Ireland & Channel Isles

There are going to be select midweek matches that are made available through AVTV. Once again — these are matches that are not on TV anywhere in the world. Before you complain to the club about the hefty price tag — £10 was set up as the minimum price by the EFL.

What games can you expect? “Any games played outside of blocked hours (not between 14:45 – 17:15 on a Saturday) and not shown by Sky Sports will be available to watch for domestic fans. Fixtures taking place on Bank Holidays or Easter will be unavailable for streaming.”

International Plus

AVTV_International_countries_1819.png

This is a nice list to be on! If you are located (or your computer thinks you are located) in a country on the list — congratulations for an extra price you get to break the one rule of AVTV I listed at the top. Television broadcast does not matter to you — you get to watch all 46 matches live.

International Minus

The rest of the world — you are did not make the plus list. Don’t take it personally. For a cheaper price you can access to the matches that are not shown on television. Obviously Sky gets to determine that and I’m certain will do everything in their power not to inconvenient you with their decisions (this is not an accurate statement).

If you are radio lover — things are easy. Audio is always available to everyone, regardless of location, for every match.

AVTV_Audio_pricing_18_19.png

Finally troubleshooting — “For any in-game coverage issues this season, viewers can contact @AVFCSupport on Twitter or our stream hosts directly via AVTVsupport@streamamg.com.”

I don't get the midweek bit because Sky say they will show every midweek game via the red button? Seems best thing to do is use a VPN and use the £6 per game option for any Sat 3pm game.

• Like 1

For US based Villans ESPN+ wil show the games selected by SkY and a few extra ones selected for international broadcast. This costs $5 per month.

For the games not being shown you can then choose to either pay £6 to Villa or hunt around for alternatives.

44 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

£180 & Spanish VPN it is then, Less than £4 per game :)

Are you in the UK? If you already have sky sports then it might be worth getting just the £6 a game as you will end up paying a lot less.

9 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

For US based Villans ESPN+ wil show the games selected by SkY and a few extra ones selected for international broadcast. This costs $5 per month.

For the games not being shown you can then choose to either pay £6 to Villa or hunt around for alternatives.

I have the Comcast/Xfinity cable package - pretty basic - the "subscription" to ESPN+ is zero. This applies to other cable packages available in the US - there is a list on ESPN - you sign in with your cable login - et voila !!

For example - i just watched the Ipswich/Blackburn and SheffU/Swansea games - free. And Mondays match is already listed as available

Edited by SirSteveUK

2 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

I have the Comcast/Xfinity cable package - pretty basic - the "subscription" to ESPN+ is zero. This applies to other cable packages available in the US - there is a list on ESPN - you sign in with your cable login - et voila !!

For example - i just watched the Ipswich/Blackburn and SheffU/Swansea games - free. And Mondays match is already listed as available

That's cool. It must be in your market I'm guessing. I have a friends login for his Florida Xfinity/Comcast and I can get all of the ESPN3 games but not the ESPN+

So I still have to subscribe sadly.

13 hours ago, weedman said:

Out of interest what vpn do you use? I'm wary about spending money on these things that I know very little about 

I just use windscribe, There are faster/better VPN's out there but windscribe is rediculously cheap. Even now if you buy it through one of their reseller websites ( https://stacksocial.com/sales/windscribe-vpn  )rather than directly you can get 3 years for $24, 5 years for $40 or lifetime for $70. The 3 year plan at that price works out at 50p per month

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

That's cool. It must be in your market I'm guessing. I have a friends login for his Florida Xfinity/Comcast and I can get all of the ESPN3 games but not the ESPN+

So I still have to subscribe sadly.

I watched those games on the basic ESPN app on my tablet - and that surprised me. But then I can’t see the difference between ESPN & ESPN+. They have their own apps in ,the Store. Weird

PS I just noticed that the match today (and Mon) is shown as being available on ESPN+ 

I will see if I can get today’s match on Basic ESPN.

Not sure about ESPN3

I’m an idiot - just noticed that my ESPN+ subscription from last year is still active till 14th

thats why I could watch them. *facepalm*

So we both have to subscribe lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirSteveUK said:

I watched those games on the basic ESPN app on my tablet - and that surprised me. But then I can’t see the difference between ESPN & ESPN+. They have their own apps in ,the Store. Weird

PS I just noticed that the match today (and Mon) is shown as being available on ESPN+ 

I will see if I can get today’s match on Basic ESPN.

Not sure about ESPN3

Yeah it's really weird they have 2 different apps and you can sign in with your ESPN+ account and your TV provider acount in the latest app. 

What's really annoying is that ESPN+ blocks any kind of mirroring onto a large TV and their isn't an app available for Apple TV - so I have to hard wire my laptop to the TV. It's like going back to the dark ages!!!

No dice for me last night with AVTV. Subscribed to “international plus” package using VPN, but system flagged “unauthorised country” once the stream came up. Ugh.

The other gotcha: last night at least, the video stream was only available via desktop or laptop, rather than the AVFC app. If you’re hoping to watch while out and about, looks like you’re out of luck.

Come to think of it, did anyone manage to watch last night via AVTV? 

5 hours ago, joost1 said:

No dice for me last night with AVTV. Subscribed to “international plus” package using VPN, but system flagged “unauthorised country” once the stream came up. Ugh.

The other gotcha: last night at least, the video stream was only available via desktop or laptop, rather than the AVFC app. If you’re hoping to watch while out and about, looks like you’re out of luck.

Come to think of it, did anyone manage to watch last night via AVTV? 

Purely our of curiosity, which countries were you pretending to be in?

43 minutes ago, limpid said:

Purely our of curiosity, which countries were you pretending to be in?

I live in Hong Kong — no international plus — but regularly travel to Taiwan and Singapore, which are both on the plus list. Neither Taiwan nor Singapore would throw up a stream, though — same error message. Saw on Twitter someone in Cyprus complaining about the same thing, so maybe early season gremlins. Hope so.